Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. As far as I've seen, I can't find anyone else who has encountered this bug before. And I've searched it quite a lot to try and figure out the solution.
What happens when the bug occurs? My selected Chef for my Restaurant isn't able to enter the Lot and complete his Chef duties, as if something his blocking his path.
What do you expect to see? The Chef to enter the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some odd reason, all of my Restaurant Employee's go to do their job - except for the Chef. Guests, and everyone is able to enter the Lot - so I know it isn't specifically something that's blocking the Chef from entering the Lot? The usual thought bubble with the steps, and ex over them pops up. I've deleted and moved some items around to see if it helps, and nothing has worked so far.

I've already reset the sims, both with the ctrl+shift+c cheats way, as well as the left-shift clicking way. Still, nothing helps. Its getting pretty frustrating because I can't progress with my Restaurant until I can actually please my guests. As well as the fact that I myself can't cook the food, so that is a downer as well.

I attempted to see if disabling my Mods would work - nothing. I've also searched high and low for people who are having the same problem and can't seem to find anyone. Frown

I'll also give a picture to show what I'm talking about - its really upsetting & I just wanna' play my game.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 285 (29,564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

Hero

When you open a restaurant, you want the best chefs. One thing to look for in an applicant is whether they can successfully manage to enter your establishment. It will be easier to find a suitable candidate now as all chefs should be able to get to the kitchen.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 285 of 285 (4,131 Views)

All Replies

Re: chef won't enter the resteraunt

EA Sims Team

Hello @rikatuu

Would you be willing to share your save files? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 285 (29,486 Views)

Re: chef won't enter the resteraunt

[ Edited ]
Hero

Which neighborhood are you playing in ? There is a similar report for other employees somewhere (can't find atm).

Does the same happen for other type restaurants ?
Does the same happen if you place the same restaurant on a different lot ?
Did you check if the cook can enter his space where the cooking station is ? Like cooking station not blocked or any locked doors to it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 285 (29,456 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

EA Sims Team

@rikatuu

I received your private message.  Thank you for the save files!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 285 (29,419 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 285 (29,351 Views)

EA Sims Team

@rikatuu

Was the Chef Station placed using the moveobejcts cheat?  If so, try placing it without moveobjects.

Message 6 of 285 (29,277 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem now after updated in games today. Please could you help?

Message 7 of 285 (28,071 Views)

Hero
@prettyacey Did you remove all your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 285 (28,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Thanks for your help. I play the games through steam and origin. Today it updates everything before I can play, then after enter the game I found this problem which I never had before (I play for a month for this restaurant and it works fine before.). I am not sure what is the mods, do you know how to get it back to be the same? All my staff are already full skill. 

Message 9 of 285 (28,041 Views)

Hero
@prettyacey mods are third party content you add to your game via the mods folder.

Did it work before ? Have you tested another restaurant to see if it's also not working there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 285 (28,024 Views)