Re: chef won't enter the resteraunt

by Arthur Gibraltar

Original Post

Re: Chef won’t cook in restaurant

★ Guide
@83bienchen It turns out that a higher time out value is better for restaurants as according your PC specs, the game might night a few seconds to spawn and adjust to their setting. A value of 6 should be more appropriate.

<V n="time_out" t="enabled">
<T n="enabled">1</T>
</V>
Message 231 of 285 (1,215 Views)

Re: Chef won’t cook in restaurant

★ Guide
@dmr723 I reckon that the 1 in-game-minute time out might be to short, esp. for people who have slower PCs or modified townie spawning behaviour and thus enhanced the value to 6. I cannot really test it as chefs were spawning in my game with the time_out set to 1 just fine - but I keep my lots and esp. restaurants fairly simple so that might be the reason.
Message 232 of 285 (1,216 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

my chefs wait outside for one sim hour approximately, standing still. Then they enter the restaurant. One was struck by lightening once and still stayed outside doing nothing.

Message 233 of 285 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happy anniversary to this bug! 🥳 Wouldn't it be so nice to take your teen out for their graduation dinner at a restaurant where the chefs actually work in time for the new High School Years EP? Wishful thinking I guess 🥲

Message 234 of 285 (1,015 Views)

@SimQARobo my save files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8fxxAXl-wGyJLn-Tst8q3OgKkGUq3FV?usp=sharing

it's the Slot_00000008.save, the one named restaurant Bug

it's an owned restaurant which I'm visiting with another household, the staff spawned is wrong, there are four chefs instead of two, they are standing outside, the clients will not sit and order food.
Message 235 of 285 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well I went through the short Laundry List several times hoping that I had missed the inclusion of this bug.  I still can't see it there.  So no hope of a fix in the upcoming patches.  They do spout a great deal of warm words about making the game better.  Only, we don't actually see any movement on this bug that makes the pack unplayable.  Maybe they should include a Dirty Laundry List so all can see what they are not fixing.  That would embarrass the hell out of EA.

Message 236 of 285 (879 Views)

Champion

@cyclelegs wrote:

Maybe they should include a Dirty Laundry List so all can see what they are not fixing.  That would embarrass the hell out of EA.

Something like that already exists, it's Crin's master list of reported issues that are still unfixed, which is pinned below the laundry list thread Wink

I love to sass and run, but I guess I can leave some constructive too - in my testing around this bug, I found that the issue seems to be with the interaction of interest the chef is meant to run at the start of their shift - "chefstation_begin". That interaction seems to have broken around when Cottage Living came out. The chef is unable to approach the chef station, which is why they just stand outside doing nothing until the timeout for the chef's arrival phase runs out (which is something like 2 sim hours).

Bienchen's fix looks like it works by shortening the arrival state to 1 sim minute, which effectively skips the long timeout. But I've also found that simply getting the "chefstation_begin" interaction functional also seems to get the chef working normally too, without needing to alter the way the chef situation works.

I'd recommend if the SimGurus are interested in fixing this bug, they take a look at why the "chefstation_begin" interaction is broken - as far as I can tell, it's purpose is to route the chef towards the chef station. There's a posture constraint that uses "target_object_filter" looking for the tag "Func_ChefStation". When I removed that constraint and switched it to something else, the interaction started working.

Message 237 of 285 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

I really hope that they can fix this bug/glitch, i have it via Steam but i cant play this pack as i expect, and using debug in my chefs all the time is not the solution, i test it using two diferent mods tho solve this problem, but now only one chef spawn and do his work (i suspect because this mods are not updated) Carls Mod and Bienchen Mod, and Its really frustrating, because the Pack for now is literally unplayable, its like if all the script of the pack is broken:

- Chefs wont enter the restaurant 

- Chefs table wont appear in Chefs Station (Visual Bug)

- Clients seat and stand frecuently

- Clients wont eat their meal

- Waiters dont recognize the dish washing station or not doing their work efincietly

- Restaurant makes no money when your are not present

- Clients eat their meal but they dont go to their homes

EA is selling broken packs with no solution aparently.

Message 238 of 285 (658 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this issue for a while- they eventually enter but it is a long time before they do.

Message 239 of 285 (564 Views)

★★★ Novice

wow. haven't played for a year and yet this bug still exists. hey EA, any plans?

Message 240 of 285 (517 Views)