Re: Chef won’t cook in restaurant

by 83bienchen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Pro

@dmr723 

The management in charge clearly doesn’t care if they fix old bugs. They only fix bugs if it concerns sales, just look how *fast* they bug fixed my wedding stories that it at least somehow works.

The new update is something for itself. Yeah, pronouns are nice, if you then have you game on English, all other folks get nothing, sorry, I mean two bugfixes which clearly fixes some *important* things. I really don’t know what I should think on this, no, I should not be surprised, just look how good was the new Fifa and battlefield. Clearly the person in charge don’t care if the customer gets a good product. The last good game was Mass Effect Legendary edition, and this was just a remaster.

At least I have mods which fix all this mess, clearly bug fixes don't get approved

Message 221 of 285 (928 Views)

★ Guide

@daikoyu 

Mods do not fix bugs, they bypass them. I mean, the bug it still there. Now, we all know (I hope) that a consumer has 72 hours from the moment it buys a pack, to be reimbursed. How long does it takes for a new consumer, or even for us old time players, to find out that a product is defective? My guess is much more than 72 hours. Specially, because many of the bugs become evident during the story progression and not right away.

Now, when the client finally finds out that the product he bought is defective and the 72 hours warranty has expired, he submit a request for support. Most probably, there's one already open and a moderator who does not to work for EA, will guide the client on how to submit his claim. 
Then is when the neverending story surrounding Sims 4 bugs begins: 

"Please send saved games for us to test". They actually don't really need saved games from the moment they can reproduce the bug themselves. On the glitch that get sims looking sideways, they were able to reproduce it without any saved games but still, they claimed they could not reproduce it under 2 circunstances : sims plaging multiplayer games on the TV or giving a foot massage at the SPA. 

I answered: that is simply because it does not affect those particular situations, can you now find a fix for the others ? Oups!

Saved games mean: we don't know what is causing that and we need time. 

Let's go back to player created mods to fix the bugs. Most mods only apply to PC players and how long it could take until a player finds out there's a mod to "fix" the issue ?

I ask my fellow Sims players once again (and I hope Carl, Deaderpool and all the other will read this): stop creating mods to fix bugs not caused by your mods. You are not helping us and I'm a Patreon subscriber so I support your work in general. But please, stop helping EA to offer defective products!

Message 222 of 285 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah and mods don’t help console players (like me). Could we add this to the next laundry list? It’ll be a full calendar year with this issue by then.

Message 223 of 285 (808 Views)

★★ Guide

This has been going on for several years. The problem is that the pots and pans don't appear on the cooking stations until about  5 to 10 minutes of real time. Then the Chefs walk in. If you debug at the start the chefs come in but are cooking without pots or pans.

EA why don't you fix this.
Kind regards James.

Message 224 of 285 (645 Views)

★ Guide

I think I fixed and, as I said from the beginning, the problem is related to CookTogether. I need to do more tests though. Here's a capture I took a few minutes ago. Both chefs go work right away and we can see the food and the pans. Also, the service is very quick.

dineout1.JPG

Message 225 of 285 (578 Views)

★ Guide

Still broken on Xbox - June 2022

Message 226 of 285 (565 Views)

★ Guide
@cozybunnyxo
My fix is for PC and I'm still testing it. It will probably affect the "Cook Together" activity which I never use anyway.
I truly recommend you to request a reimbursement as they will not fix the bug. In fact, in order to solve the problem, they would need to rollback "Cook Together."
Message 227 of 285 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@dmr723Yes it might be a "cook together" bug, I have also noticed the stove/oven and refrigerator at sims' homes get a very bad lag after a while as well as clicking the counter for "cook together " I was thinking it was due to country living content but then it wouldn't effect the restaurants so no clue. It's frustrating. I'm on Xbox.

Message 228 of 285 (549 Views)

★ Guide
@dmr723 It does work and you don't have to do it yourself. You can download my restaurantcheffix mod. I'm not allowed to link it here but you can google it.
I also have my restaurantsittweak and finisheating mod that fix other issues with Dine Out.

I'm posting the solution again just in case EA missed it somehow. I didn't get any reports of my mod not working since I uploaded it in March.

131068 chefSituation

<U n="begin_state">
<U n="interaction_of_interest">
<L n="affordances">
<T>131298<!--chefStation_Begin--></T>
</L>
</U>
<L n="job_and_role_changes">
<U>
<T n="Situation Job">130833<!--jobs_Venue_Chef--></T>
<T n="Role State">130453<!--role_Chef_Begin--></T>
</U>
</L>
<V n="time_out" t="enabled">
<T n="enabled">1</T>
</V>
</U>

I marked the changes I made in bold.

Second tuning file that needed to be changed:

131298 chefStation_Begin

<L n="test_globals">
<V t="sim_info">
<U n="sim_info">
<V n="ages" t="specified" />
<V n="species" t="specified">
<U n="specified">
<L n="species">
<E />
</L>
</U>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>
</U>
</V>
<V t="location">
<U n="location">
<U n="location_tests">
<V n="is_venue_type" t="enabled">
<U n="enabled">
<T n="venue_type">130713<!--venue_Restaurant--></T>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</U>
</V>
<V t="object_relationship">
<U n="object_relationship">
<V n="relationship_status" t="relationship_range">
<U n="relationship_range">
<U n="value_interval">
<T n="lower_bound">-100</T>
</U>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
</L>
Message 229 of 285 (522 Views)

★ Guide
@83bienchen
Hi Bienchen. I found your site and downloaded the mod following your instructions but I still have the same problem I have with my mod: When I own the restaurants, the chefs wont show. It works fine for NPC restaurants.
If you don't mind, I would like to continue this exchange on your site (Great site by the way!)

Cheers
Message 230 of 285 (498 Views)