Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by janyses

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@mh4515 It's not unusual for the chefs to wait awhile before going inside. When it's broken, the chef does not enter at all.
Message 31 of 285 (5,832 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I tested the issue with NPC restaurants in a vanilla game with all packs and can completely confirm it: All cooks keep standing outside and don't enter the restaurant even after the guests order their food.

The workaround in my case was however very simple: Just reset the cooks (open the cheat console and type ResetSim Firstname Lastname) and they will immediately start to work.

Nevermind, i didn't see that the solution had already been posted.

Message 32 of 285 (5,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Although others have posted a solution that involves resetting the Sims, anything that changes the Chefs behavior while working will fix this problem.

- Change Cooking Speed (70% chance of fixing.)

- Praise (Less effective than Criticize, depends on their mood. 50% chance.)

- Criticize (Most effective. Works about 99% of the time.)

Message 33 of 285 (5,772 Views)

Restaurant Chefs not Entering Restaurant and Cooking

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs are installed, excluding Paranormal Stuff Pack, Country Kitchen Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, and Throwback Fit Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a restaurant on any lot, then have a sim travel to the restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chef(s) appears at the entrance but never goes to the chef station(s). No food is prepared and no sims receive their order. The chef(s) remains at the entrance and are unclickable. All other staff (hosts, waitstaff) continue working normal.
What do you expect to see? The chef(s) working at the chef station(s) and preparing food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug began after the 7/27/2021 update.

I have provided 2 pictures and a short video of the issue with restaurant chefs. I have tested it on a current save and a fresh save with and without mods or cc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3w7uW15vuCY-01bg1mMoVgxVffW67lb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QFYGLOrU4CVb4o6F5rrfOknvuzpK3-Ix/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I8RFEabV7i6zyP5y7w8-WN1Q4OdqhLRo/view?usp=sharing

Message 34 of 285 (5,757 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So I guess this is a old bug reintroduced with the Cottage Living update. It was working fine before the patch.

Same issue as everybody else. Chef just stands outside and needs to be reset before they'll move.

No mods.

Game up to date.

Message 35 of 285 (5,740 Views)

★ Guide

For me, this bug also came with Cottage game update. I don't own that pack. I was lucky to never have this bug until now. The chefs stand outside for 1-3 sim hours on average. I reloaded a save that took longer than that. The only thing that works is that reset cheat that folks mentioned. I have no other interactions to try.

When I pulled my mods for testing, I noticed that DO is buggier now than it was before this patch - the not sitting down thing has gotten much worse. But that's another thread. After more coffee. Need to clean dirty barista bar first since no one else will.

Message 36 of 285 (5,708 Views)

Chefs will not enter restaurant

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Islam living,get famous,seasons,cats and dogs,city living,get together,get to work,dream home decorator,parenthood,dine out,spa day,outdoor retreat,mos chino,my first pet,laundry day,toddler,fitness,bowling night,vintage glamour,backyard,kids room,romantic garden,movie hangout,cool kitchen,perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the recent update happened the chefs stop cooking
What happens when the bug occurs? When going to the restaurants the chef isn’t moving to cook. He or she just stands in front of the business and doesn’t move at all
What do you expect to see? The chefs back in the kitchen in each restaurant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. No change I made

When playing the sims 4 after the recent update the chefs stopped cooking or even entering the restaurant the host and hostess is there but no NPC chef they just stand outside the restaurant 

Message 37 of 285 (5,717 Views)

Dine out

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dine out specifically, restaurants I downloaded from the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I take my sims to dine out in restaurants the chefs are standing outside not making an attempt to go in and then I tried to click on them and wasn’t able to interact with them to see if I can get them to move.
What do you expect to see? The chefs already in the building preparing meals as the guest arrives.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

that’s all I know for now. 

Message 38 of 285 (5,722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This fixed my problem! They went right back to normal and did the exact same thing you described! Thanks so much.

Message 39 of 285 (5,665 Views)

★★★ Novice

thx it works

Message 40 of 285 (5,653 Views)