Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by bouramama

Original Post

Re: Chefs in Dine Out gets buggy after the patch

★ Apprentice

Hi, everyone! I'm having the same problem too. I removed my mods folder completely, I deleted the localthumbcache file and I tested on vanilla in a new save and in the old one too.

The chefs do not enter the restaurant. They stay outside the place.

It's the first time I'm having this problem. It started since the last update (july 20th).

I tested in two worlds and I had the same problem... Frown

Chefs do no enter the restaurant

Second try

Message 21 of 285 (4,490 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this bug too. However I reset the other chef and she went to do her work after that. Little later the other chef followed her without me resetting her too. 

Message 22 of 285 (4,453 Views)

★ Novice

Im having this problem too and its the worst!...i am able to reset my Sim chef to make it work but thats hiddeous...i would also like to know how to fix this issue. 

Message 23 of 285 (4,441 Views)

Re: chef won't enter the resteraunt

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict wrote:
Which neighborhood are you playing in ? There is a similar report for other employees somewhere (can't find atm).

Does the same happen for other type restaurants ?
Does the same happen if you place the same restaurant on a different lot ?
Did you check if the cook can enter his space where the cooking station is ? Like cooking station not blocked or any locked doors to it ?

This started happening suddenly for me Frown  it worked well until a few days ago -

- in any neighborhood (#basegame #catsanddogs #diningout #strangeville)

- in any restaurant (default Chez Llama, & gallery download w/o mods or cc).

- yes, tried placing Chez Llama in Willow Creek empty lot

- yes, i checked that my sim could walk to the cooking station. no items blocking. ensured 

Also happens when my sim goes to a restaurant to eat (does not own it).

Also tried starting fresh save and new sim in a new world on a fresh install of the games and 

Is it possible this is something happening from the gallery download? Some weird configuration?

- I noticed the items (including the chef's station) are not detected in the correct place! When I click on a freshly placed Chez Llama item, it shows Red outline (warning of overlap). 

- this happens at all restaurants in build mode now. I tried adjusting everything to be Green (ok placement) and chef did not come. 

- my sim was able to walk over to the chef station, and cook on it herself.

Please let us know if a fix is coming, dining out was awesome, but now its impossible for me.

Message 24 of 285 (4,450 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie
@prettyacey this is about the same time my game started doing this! I suspected an update was the cause Frown your story sounds like me. thanks for posting! here's to hope!
Message 25 of 285 (4,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Anska_Stormblade thanks! shift clicking didn't work for me, but found i can use Control + Shift + c then 'resetsim <firstname> <lastname>'. He did as you described and went inside. Cheers!
Message 26 of 285 (4,427 Views)

★★ Guide

I just want to add that it's not just one restaurant now. It's other restaurants too.

Message 27 of 285 (4,409 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Anska_Stormblade This worked for me! Thank you
Message 28 of 285 (4,374 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, I tried this on a new clean save, no mods. Chef is just standing outside of the restaurant and doesn't go inside until after a while.

Message 29 of 285 (4,328 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I have this problem too.

i need to sell the chef stove and place a new one every time I go to restaurant. Generally, after that, the chef go directly to the stove and I have no more problems with him. 

Message 30 of 285 (4,313 Views)