Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by macabreflorence

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with my chef just standing there. My sim can interact with him, but he won't move and hence won't do his job. My sim has cooked using the cooking station so I know it works. It's frustrating because I just purchased this game pack and it doesn't work. There are no fixtures above the station and it has plenty of egress. I have no mods. This is an in-house bug issue with EA that needs to be fixed. 

Message 11 of 285 (31,849 Views)

Hero
@Annabear8160 Which cooking station are you using ? Does that matter for you?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 285 (31,828 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem as well after the July 20 update. Every time I try to have my sims dine at a restaurant, the chef stands outside the building and never moves. These are restaurant lots that have worked perfectly fine in my game before and where nothing has been altered. The issue persists with and without mods. Also tried with a fully unmodded, brand new save, but the bug was still there.

Message 13 of 285 (31,813 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin 

I have only one restaurant. Do I have to remove any file in mods folder? Sorry to ask, I’m not keen with the technical thing in the game. 

Message 14 of 285 (31,791 Views)

Hero
@prettyacey Usually for testing stuff, yes, you have to remove your mods folder completely, delete the localthumbcache file and then test on vanilla.

This seems to be happening on vanilla games (saw it on my own but didn't have time for extensive testing), so I don't think it's necessary anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 285 (31,786 Views)

Hey, I just wanted to say, that this time around shift clicking on the chef and selecting reset object from the debug menu seems to help. In my game the chefs in both owned and visited restaurants did a little sigh/looked around/ cracked their backs afterwards and then went over to their stations. I hope this helps.

Message 16 of 285 (31,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been experiencing this, too. I have been creating my restaurant for the past week and finally decided to open it today. Both my host and waiter are doing their tasks but my chef won't move at all. He/She would just stand in front of the restaurant and won't come in. I have tried the following already:

1. Interact with the chef via "Manage". Chef was unresponsive for any option I selected.
  2. Checked if I can call over the other employees. They have options other than "Manage" unlike the chef. I have attached screenshots for this.
  3. Sold the business, uploaded the lot to My Library, bulldozed the lot, re-placed the restaurant to the bulldozed lot, then bought the business again. Made sure there's nothing above the chef's station. (as I've read from other threads) Hired new sets of employees but the chef had the same behavior.
  4. Bulldozed the lot again then placed a restaurant from Maxis -- Villa Bovine. I was under the assumption that the issue may have something to do with the restaurant I have created. I also did not edit Villa Bovine. Hired a new set of employees (again Disappointed), still, the chef was not moving at all.

I have seen threads as old as 2016 with similar issues. I don't know if this has been fixed before or if it is working for others. Haven't tried this feature prior to the last update.

P.S.: Not using any mods. I just have the base game, Dine Out and Seasons. 

Update: This worked! Options were still limited to "Manage" for the chef but finally went inside to the chef's station and cooked. Thanks @Anska_Stormblade Standard smile

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 17 of 285 (31,769 Views)

Chefs in Dine Out gets buggy after the patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Seasons, Get Together, Laundry day and more
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your Sims dine in some of the restaurants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chef just stays outside (at least in the Diving Pelican restaurant). I have to reset the chef to make her come in and work. It's annoying to reset the chef everytime, and I think it's making her foods bad or something. In some other restaurants, the chef comes in very late, so the food arrives very late. I'm not so sure but I think this only became a problem after the new patch.
What do you expect to see? The chef to do his/her job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note that I'm using restaurants created by Maxis. 

Message 18 of 285 (31,713 Views)

★★ Novice

@Anska_Stormblade 

thanks! It works Standard smile

Message 19 of 285 (31,711 Views)

Re: Chefs in Dine Out gets buggy after the patch

EA Staff

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 285 (31,673 Views)