by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Chef's Kitchen Lot Trait Does Not Affect Meal Quality

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Fully up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply the Chef's Kitchen lot trait to a restaurant. Have your Sims eat at the restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the Chef's Kitchen lot trait blatantly stating that it increases the quality of meals that are cooked on the lot, when applied to a restaurant, there is no difference in the quality of the meals.
What do you expect to see? Better quality meals at restaurants with the Chef's Kitchen lot trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since there have been changes to this forum and the old thread is no longer in the list of bugs, I've decided to make a new thread. In short, despite the Chef's Kitchen lot trait blatantly stating that it increases the quality of meals that are cooked on the lot, the quality of meals that are served at restaurants with this lot trait does not seem to be affected by it. The meals still consistently come out normal quality and sometimes even poor quality. I've never seen an excellent quality meal served at a restaurant with this lot trait.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (3,060 Views)

Re: Chef's Kitchen Lot Trait Does Not Affect Meal Quality at Restaurants

★★ Guide

I've noticed this too.

When I recently got the Dine Out pack, I placed the default Chez Llama restaurant and had my Sim go out to eat there.

Though I'm not sure how decent the Chef is, since it's run automatically and I don't own it, I feel like with the Chef's Kitchen Lot Trait and Inspiring décor in the kitchen, it would at least keep the meals at Normal quality, but I can still occasionally get Poor meals when eating there even with all that.

Message 2 of 6 (2,933 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef's Kitchen Lot Trait Does Not Affect Restaurant Meal Quality

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,865 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef's Kitchen Lot Trait Does Not Affect Restaurant Meal Quality

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

So, it should be a chance of quality improvement but it should not be 100%.  Did you ever get a higher quality meal from the restaurants? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (2,828 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruIcarus
Unfortunately not.
And even worse, my Max-trained employee chef actually made a POOR quality meal!
Didn't gel well with my Sim's Refined Palate quirk...

If a Chef in a restaurant is Lv10 in both of the employee skills, is cooking in a room affected by Inspiring Decor, is cooking skill level 2/5 and 3/5 dishes and drinks, and is set to cooking at normal speed, all on top of having the Chef's Kitchen Lot trait, shouldn't literally every dish they cook be Excellent Quality?

This was the case when I owned the restaurant, but as soon as I sold the restaurant and let the game run it, even though the staff is still completely the same, and the layout isn't any different (still Inspiring), there was suddenly a huge drop in quality. When I owned and ran it, the food and drinks were always Excellent quality, even with the menu made up solely of 5/5 difficulty food/drink.

Now it's AI-run, with the same staff, with their same skill levels, but now with a far easier menu (the Diner preset), and the quality is just disappointing... At least in the case of the Chefs. The hostess is still cheery and the waiters are still capable. Just the food and drink have their quality all over the place, but rarely in the Excellent zone.
Message 5 of 6 (2,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus 

I can confirm that this is still happening. Recently, I had a Sim eat out at a restaurant with this lot trait, and his meal was poor.

The Chef's Kitchen lot trait seems to do little to increase the chance of excellent-quality meals at all when added to restaurants. Very rarely do I see an excellent meal come out of restaurant kitchens, even with this trait added to the lot. In fact, poor-quality meals come out of the kitchen more often than excellent-quality ones. Normal-quality meals are still the most common, but the fact that poor-quality meals are more common than excellent ones in restaurants with a lot trait that supposedly increases the chance of excellent-quality meals is really eyebrow-raising to me.

Message 6 of 6 (2,677 Views)