Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Changing employee uniform resets progress

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat,Get to Work,Luxury Party,Perfect Patio,Spa Day,Cool Kitchen,Spooky,Get Together,Movie Hangou,Romantic Garden,Dine Out,Kids Room,Backyard Stuff ,City Living,Vintage Glamour,Vampires,Bowling Night,,Fitness Stuff,Toddler Stuff,Cats and Dogs,Jungle Adventure,Laundry Day,My first Pet,Seasons,Get Famous, Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know?
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't save my staff outfits in my restaurant and everytime it fails, it sets the in-game time and status of my other sims and the restuarant lot to the last save point.
What do you expect to see? I really just want to be able to save the outfits and not having to make sure that I constantly safe before trying again and again so I don't lose any more game play...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wanted to go have a restaurant again in Dine Out and it used to work well, but now, I can't change the uniforms. I tried and tried. I took out all my mods and CC but that didn't do anything either. I followed a thread posted as a comment on the the thread from 2016 but that didn't do anything either. I somehow managed to change the femal chef's outfit after hours and days of trying, closing and re-opening my game. Not just that, but everytime it fails to save the outfit, my game is reset to the last in-game time I had saved. Meaning it resets all that happened in between except for me bringing my Sim to the lot.

Message 3 of 60 (9,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BUG][DO] Cannot Save Uniform Slot Change

Hero

Game progress will no longer be lost when editing/adding/deleting career outfits in Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 60 (6,284 Views)

All Replies

Can't edit uniforms in dine out.

★ Novice

Ok. So in the Sims 4 I bought a restaurant and I keep trying to edit the employee uniforms but everytime I finish changing them, the changes don't stay and then all the other settings (menu settings and customer dress code) get reset. I don't have any mods or any CC. I didn't have this problem with my vet clinic or with my retail shop, so I don't know what's wrong. My game was just updated today so maybe that's it?? I've seen that others have had this problem too but theirs' were a result of either mods or CC. Help!!!

Message 1 of 60 (9,209 Views)

Re: Can't edit uniforms in dine out.

Hero

HI @dvs95270 

there have been issues with uniforms on and off.

Can you try if selling the restaurant and rebuying helps with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 60 (9,192 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [DO] Outfit doesn't save

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is an open issue for the vet clinic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Editing-vet-outfits-in-CAS-resets-vet-clinic/m-p/64157...

I haven't been able to duplicate this for Dine Out but there have been a few reports, also for console which kinda rules out mods.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (9,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No. I don't mind at all. I sincerely hope, it'll all. Here's the save folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J-igbCIX0O5JR15L_via5K_BOG_tT4Yo/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure which one was with the restaurant like that, but I called the safe Disney Princess Legacy or something like that. The other two are nothing really...

Message 5 of 60 (9,270 Views)

Hero
Thanks.

I'll take a look tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (9,243 Views)

All progress lost after attempting to customize employee uniforms on resto lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, get famous, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out spa day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, romantic garden stuff, kids room stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, grim's ghoulish guitar and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? repro rate: 2/2 1. Have a sim go to their owned restaurant. 2. Open the restaurant. 3. Manage the restaurant for around 8hrs. 4. Close the restaurant. 5. Remove a couple menu items. 6. Attempt to edit the male waiter uniform (note that this failed for me, the waiter uniform was not updated to what I had chosen, this almost always happens and I have no custom content)
What happens when the bug occurs? Results: When returning to gameplay after attempting to change the uniform, notice that the game has time skipped to an earlier point in time (in my case, I have lost all progress on all my characters of my game but my character was still at the restaurant and I noticed nothing until I saw all my restaurant stats had lost all it's progress). This is the second time this has happened to me and only the second time I've attempted to run my restaurant. So to me, to far this is a 100% repro rate.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to lose all my progress when I'm in the middle of playing a game. Especially when performing an action where I am not warned that I may lose progress and I'm not prompted to save beforehand.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 7 of 60 (9,223 Views)

Re: All progress lost after attempting to customize employee uniforms on resto l

Hero

Hi @amaya_animoto 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 60 (9,200 Views)

★ Novice

I did that and I bought it, and the first thing I did was go to try to create a female wait staff outfit and it bugged again and it did not save the outfit. But on top of that it jumped back to the moment i bought it and asked me to transfer money to the buisness AGAIN after i had just transfered 50,000 to the buisness before going into CAS to create the outfits.

Message 9 of 60 (9,116 Views)

Hero

Hi @DawnML1 

there's a bug report on it now.

I merged this whole thread into the new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 60 (9,106 Views)