Re: DJ stops when famous sim dances to DJ booth

by Dranemeemia

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] DJs and Mixologists Do Not Stay on the Job

Champion
@crinrict I have this with nightclub DJs if they are in range of a celebrity on the dance floor. For example if Judith Ward poses right next to them they will stop and watch instead of DJ.

Possibly even more if a high reputation sim arrives and they need to do the reaction to a sim’s presence.

I think I’ve seen similar with bartenders too at Orchid-a-go-go. But I haven’t checked recently.
Message 11 of 36 (2,267 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@Ryodox I agree! I find this extremely annoying!
You want to dance, but the bloody DJ stops the moment you get on the dance floor.... I wish, I really wish, I could smack them and tell them to get back to work!
Message 12 of 36 (1,783 Views)

Dance parties impossible with celebrities as guests

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Discover University and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a celebrity as a guest at a dance party.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hired DJ (or DJane) stops playing / mixing music at the DJ Booth in order to cheer at the celebrity and it's interrupting the dance party.
What do you expect to see? The DJ (or DJane) should not stop playing music every few minutes in order to cheer at the celebrity again and again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my celebrities go to a dance party, the DJ (or DJane) stops playing music and cheers at the celebrity over and over again and it's interrupting the dance party since sims can't dance without music.

Message 13 of 36 (2,154 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this problem! I wish they would fix this. :/ 

Message 14 of 36 (1,534 Views)

DJ stops playing when celebrity shows up

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except DU. All GPs except Vampires and ROM. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a club with a DJ playing. Have a celebrity come in, the higher the stars the likelihood it will happen. DJ stops playing and starts cheering the celebrity
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the time. For over a year
What do you expect to see? The DJ to behave like the mixologist and barrister NPCs and continue DJing. Not stop and cheer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The DJ NPC should not react to celebrities like sims do. They should not fan girl and should continue doing their job like the other NPCs - barrister and mixologist, who do not react to celebrities.

DJ.png

Message 15 of 36 (2,039 Views)

Re: DJ stops playing when celebrity shows up

Message 16 of 36 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Zack4358 Yeah, but apparently EA doesn't have it on their radar
Message 17 of 36 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Is this a bug or a feature? Either way, PLEASE fix it.

It *breaks clubs* if the DJ stops playing music for hours and hours of sim time. It is way overdue to sort this if it is a bug, and there is no logic to it if this is intentional. DJs who stopped playing practically all night just because a celeb showed up at a club would surely be fired.

Can everybody with Get Famous who uses clubs please me too the hell out of this, and keep commenting so EA takes some notice.

Message 18 of 36 (1,072 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, this kind of thing is still very much alive and well, sadly. It ruins many venues, and is even more annoying when it takes over your sim as well. Be impressed? Sure, whatever. But don't drop everything you're doing to gawk like a lackwit. And the only solution to  make your own sim not do it is to make them as famous or more famous, and then that forces the sim to incessantly react in disgust anytime someone less famous than them breathes the same air in a mile radius...

Please make celebrities less annoying by at least fixing these issues! They absolutely rob control from both players and the setting. And the last thing the Sims 4 needs is a more compromised setting.

Message 19 of 36 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same here...made my own club and noticed the constant music interruptions...what a turnoff.

I expect them to do their job just like mixologists.

Message 20 of 36 (1,435 Views)