Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] DJs and Mixologists Do Not Stay on the Job

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CL, CD, S, GF, IL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP, MSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any venue where there is a bar and/or a DJ station. If a celebrity appears, or any Sim does something that other Sims will watch (like group dance or dance battle) then the service Sims leave their posts to watch/cheer/whatever.
What happens when the bug occurs? This happens whenever something unusual is going on nearby, like a celebrity Sim appearing. It is especially irritating when the service Sim is *supporting* the action, as when they stop the music to watch a dance battle - thus ending the dance battle because there is no longer music playing.
What do you expect to see? I expect service Sims to be more persistent in staying at their jobs. Maybe if a Sim catches on fire - that would be reason to run and see what's happening, but stopping your DJ because a group dance is happening or a celebrity Sim happens by? C'mon!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims never go to bars or clubs anymore because of this problem. It's not fun when the music stops every 30 seconds and then it takes forever for the service SIm to get back to it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 36 (5,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] DJs and Mixologists Do Not Stay on the Job

Hero

DJs and Mixologists no longer leave their booth unattended when a Celebrity attempts to build up Fame through “Perform <scene> for Tips” or Dance Battles. “Starve your distractions; feed your focus.”

Fixed in Patch 1.91.205/1.64

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (2,073 Views)

All Replies

DJ stops when famous sim dances to DJ booth

★★ Novice

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but the information thread led me here so I hope this is the right place for it!

Whenever I bring my famous sims to dance in a nightclub, the DJ will stop playing music and instead cheer on my dancing sim, who at that point will stop dancing because there's no music to dance to anymore. Having my sim hire a DJ themselves doesn't fix the issue. I don't think it's a bug, but more something the devs might not have considered to become an issue. I'm not sure at what point of celebrity-hood the DJ will stop playing at the booth to gloat at my sim, but I think it's when they get to B-Lister status. Maybe even before that.

Anything I could try to fix this, apart from staying away from nightclubs? My sim is a dance machine, so that's obviously not something I want to do. :P

Message 1 of 36 (5,124 Views)

Re: DJ stops when famous sim dances to DJ booth

★★★ Novice

I’m surprised they haven’t addressed this huge issue!

Message 2 of 36 (4,985 Views)

Re: DJ stops when famous sim dances to DJ booth

★★★ Newbie

Until EA address the issue there's a mod called lesscelebreact that fixes it.

Message 3 of 36 (4,931 Views)

Re: DJs and Mixologists Do Not Stay on the Job

Hero
@JasonVega2 Hm, also not something I've seen in my game at all.

The DJ has been a bit wonky and mostly not present before the patch a lot but the party I went to after patch was fine.

Let's see if anyone else is seeing this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (5,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I said something about this when get famous was release. when celebrity Sim walks into a nightclub the dj will just stop playing and watch the celebrity Sim dance until the celebrity Sim stops. its old and annoying.. when my Sim dj, she'll do the same thing. she'll stop and watch the celb sim.. I been asking for a fix.

edited: as for the Mixologist. they are robots. no problem with them

Message 6 of 36 (5,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LadyDarkSorrow Did you create a thread at the time or post in that generic one ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Issues-with-Celebrities-and-Venues/m-p/7689930

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (4,995 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

i did, i just cant find it atm 

Message 8 of 36 (4,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LadyDarkSorrow Was it in this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Issues-with-Celebrities-and-Venues/m-p/7689930 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 36 (4,989 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think so.. been a while.. 

Message 10 of 36 (4,979 Views)