by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] Sim will not stay seated on modular sofa while watching tv

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs, and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Instruct the sim to watch tv. Instruct the sim to sit down on the modular chaise lounger while watching tv.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will stand up to watch tv. When instructed to sit down and watch tv on a modular sofa they only stay seated for a short period of time.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to automatically sit on the modular sofa while watching tv and stay seated while watching tv.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator game pack.

I installed The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator. When the sims watch the tv they do not sit on modular sofa. They watch tv standing up. They also will not stay seated when I click for them to sit down on the modular chaise lounger. They only stay seated for a short period of time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,923 Views)

Sims are not able to lay down on chaise longue and watch the TV

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: ALL Game packs: Every pack EXCEPT: Journey To Batuu, Realm of Magic, Vampires Stuff packs: Every one EXCEPT: Paranormal, My first pet, Fitness, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the sim lay down on longue part of the new modulair sofa system from the Dream Home Decorator and command the sim to watch TV.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are not able to watch TV while laying on longue sofa, sims get up to find another seat.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to stay on the longue and watch the TV while laying down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I bought the new Dream Home Decorator pack and I was very excited to give my sims family a new cozy couch with a chaise longue. 
I expected the sims to be able to watch TV from there, because we already have that interaction for bed. But I found this happens:

When you let the sim to lay down first and then command to watch the tv, the sim will get up to find another seat. 
But when the sim is already watching the tv from another seat and you click on the chaise, the sim will get up to lay down and will continue to watch tv. 

So I guessed this was a bug and was asked on the Sims forum to report it here.
Also an another simmer pointed out in the forum thread, that her sim did autonomously lay down and watch the tv, so autonomy is not a problem. 

In addition I tested it out with toddlers, and no issues there. The toddlers are able to sit there, watch tv and can even talk with other sims. (Would be also really nice to get the option to talk with other sims while laying down, it was a bit dissapointing that it wasn't patched in again...)

I wish this could be fixed and thanks for the help!

Message 2 of 9 (1,895 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims are not able to lay down on chaise longue and watch the TV

Hero
@GenSimmer @ChristieLovejoy

I tested this. Just have a modular chaise. Sims is watching fine from there.

Could you guys add some pictures for your setup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,829 Views)

Re: Sims are not able to lay down on chaise longue and watch the TV

★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Where do I find this information?

Message 4 of 9 (1,745 Views)

Sims cannot sit on the new diagonal couches and the base game couches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them, until the new decorator pack bugs the couches
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i can see it on lilsimsie's video, deligracy and other youtubers and my friends too.
What happens when the bug occurs? everytime while watching TV and it disables them to sit and when you command them to sit, they are stuck there FOREVER
What do you expect to see? to sit automatically and watch TV while eating food and talk to each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cannot sit on the new diagonal couches and the base game couches after i installed the new decorator pack.

Message 5 of 9 (1,795 Views)

Re: Sims cannot sit on the new diagonal couches and the base game couches

Hero
@chillaxbruhz What are diagonal couches ? Do you mean the sectional ones ?

Is this what you are seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Sim-will-not-stay-seated-on-modular-sofa-while-watching-tv... ? That doesn't say anything about getting stuck though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,755 Views)

Re: Sims cannot sit on the new diagonal couches and the base game couches

Hero
@chillaxbruhz Is the above issue what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,708 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Sim will not stay seated on modular sofa while watching tv

★ Guide

I don't yet have this pack, but I find this happens even without the DHD pack (so any sofa). I'd say it started after that pack was released though.

Message 8 of 9 (1,663 Views)

the sims 4 home decorator channel not working on TV

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except vampires, nifty knitting, batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on any tv and then click "watch home decor channel"
What happens when the bug occurs? sim goes to sit down on a lounge but suddenly stands up behind it and the channel does not appear - nothing happens
What do you expect to see? sim sitting down and watching the home decor channel
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i only purchased the home decorator pack a couple of days ago so not sure if any patch has caused this bug to appear or not 

Message 9 of 9 (1,609 Views)