by tilia2

Original Post

Re: The Sims - Dream Home Decorator - PS4

★★★★ Novice
@Laneybob1 Me too!!!
Message 41 of 48 (284 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. That or the client never shows up to the lot!

Message 42 of 48 (265 Views)

Dream Home Decorator Career

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except journey to batuu and bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the dream home decorator career
What happens when the bug occurs? Before and after pictures don't show and can't show off the reveal after staying to do so. The jobs auto completes ans you get paid or don't. Happens probably half the time. It would be nice to see their reactions.
What do you expect to see? To see the slideshow of the before and after and give the reveal to your clients.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have one. 

Message 43 of 48 (265 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator Career

Hero
@TheSpaark Merged your post with the reveal not working.

There's also a thread for just the slide show not working here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Reveal-Slideshows-Stop-Working-Reveal-itself-works/td-p/10...

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 48 (221 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator Career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I clicked "Me too" to this series of bugs as well. I am having this same issue - when I choose 'Host a reveal event' 75% of the time I don't get the slideshow, the walk to the room or the reactions. When I skip the Reveal event, I usually get the slideshow. I tried multiple times with a save at the end of a gig and had the same results every time.

Regardless of either option, 50% of the time I end up failing with $0 and a drop in reputation even if I follow their likes/dislikes to the letter. It's a terrible experience, and kind of ruins the career, but I was really enjoying the renovating bit. I really hope they make this fix a priority.

Message 45 of 48 (171 Views)

dream home decorator

★★★★ Novice

Sims cannot reveal new rooms and show objects to clints. Moves staright on to verdict without showing the before and after photos. Also it always just seems to give me positive outcomes with the max bonuses

Message 46 of 48 (116 Views)

Re: dream home decorator

Hero
@limmy1212 I merged your post with the bug report for reveals not happening but to be sure: Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tested without ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 48 (100 Views)

Dream Home Decorator: reveal event/slideshow stop working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030(64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cottage Living & Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Accept a job in the dream home decorator career and choose "accompany sim to work". 2. After finishing a home decorating job, call back the clients and choose to reveal the renovation work.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clients come to the door but the before&after video does not play at any point and clients just go inside and you can show off objects and ask clients' opinions but the game just skips all reveal steps (before&after video, showing off the apartment, and getting verdicts( after clients come to the door, and then the gig is automatically finished.
What do you expect to see? What the game pack expects me to see. I expect that every time I reveal client the new decorations: clients come to the door, they're led to the room eyes closed, before&after video plays, I get to show objects and ask verdict. The reveal video does not get skipped.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bugs with the Sims 4 Decorator Pack: 

The clients come to the door (without covering their eye) but the before&after video does not play at any point and clients just go inside and you can show off objects and ask clients' opinions but the game just skips all reveal steps (before&after video, showing off the apartment, and getting verdicts( after clients come to the door, and then the gig is automatically finished.

I've tried playing with and without cc/mods, also try to ignore the bugs at first but it happened every single time...

Message 48 of 48 (31 Views)