Re: No photo montage playing - Dream Home Decorator

by elliebreton

Original Post

Dream Home Decorator: reveal event/slideshow stop working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030(64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cottage Living & Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Accept a job in the dream home decorator career and choose "accompany sim to work". 2. After finishing a home decorating job, call back the clients and choose to reveal the renovation work.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clients come to the door but the before&after video does not play at any point and clients just go inside and you can show off objects and ask clients' opinions but the game just skips all reveal steps (before&after video, showing off the apartment, and getting verdicts( after clients come to the door, and then the gig is automatically finished.
What do you expect to see? What the game pack expects me to see. I expect that every time I reveal client the new decorations: clients come to the door, they're led to the room eyes closed, before&after video plays, I get to show objects and ask verdict. The reveal video does not get skipped.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bugs with the Sims 4 Decorator Pack: 

The clients come to the door (without covering their eye) but the before&after video does not play at any point and clients just go inside and you can show off objects and ask clients' opinions but the game just skips all reveal steps (before&after video, showing off the apartment, and getting verdicts( after clients come to the door, and then the gig is automatically finished.

I've tried playing with and without cc/mods, also try to ignore the bugs at first but it happened every single time...

Message 51 of 76 (1,046 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same bug happen once so far. I revealed the renovation and it immediately ended the gig and I got the pop up to say how much I earned / reputation gained and I had the option to stay on lot or go home. I wasn't able to show them around or show them objects. 

Message 52 of 76 (1,002 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the exact same issue and it’s so frustrating! I’m spending so much time redecorating these houses and because of the gig immediately ending when I click “reveal” my sun doesn’t get paid and their reputation keeps dropping!

Message 53 of 76 (961 Views)

No photo montage playing - Dream Home Decorator

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Cottage Living, Star Wars and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform a job with Dream Home Decorator
What happens when the bug occurs? I do not get the photo montage of the before and after photos as was shown during the livestream, trailer etc.
What do you expect to see? I would love to see the montage of the before and after photos I made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 54 of 76 (981 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What stage in the job did you get to? Did you complete all the steps that are shown in the pop-up job window?

I only ask, because I played my decorator last night and the photo montage came up fine for me.

Message 55 of 76 (960 Views)

Hero
@Bloempje0401 do you have just issues with the slide show itself or also with the whole reveal event ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 76 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

I completed all the checkmarks in the Gig-panel, selected the before and after photos and then proceeded to reveal the renovations to the clients. Then it went straight to the goaled event with showing of objects etc. Most renovations I could complete the goaled event just fine, but one time after choosing the option to reveal the design to the client, it just went straight to the pop up that tells you you are finished with the amount of money you've earned. 

I couldn't find a similar post on this forum, so I created this one Standard smile

Message 57 of 76 (952 Views)

Hero
@Bloempje0401 I merged your post with the existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 76 (940 Views)

★ Guide

I just got the pack for XBox, and occasionally the gig ends even when I take pics and pick to do the big reveal. Not consistent, but I notice it happens with more Sims in a household. It does not affect my pay usually. 

Message 59 of 76 (873 Views)

Champion

On Xbox series S mine works the opposite way most of the time but not always.

I say yes to the reveal event then it doesn't do the reveal and it just ends with no interaction with the client, no photo montage, just straight home and sometimes but not always leaving behind a client saying "meh" basically.

However if I choose not to host the reveal...it starts. It's a buggy career this one and it's a shame as I really like this feature.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 60 of 76 (824 Views)