Re: Renovation reveal cut short

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Reveal Slideshows Stop Working

Hero
@HeppiSims Moving this post over to the thread of no reveal. Keeping thinks seperate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 76 (1,296 Views)

Interior Design no revel/fail

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover Uni., City Living, Get to Work, Dream Home Decor., Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Toddler, Vintage Glamor, Kids Room,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progress into the career, take gigs
What happens when the bug occurs? The very first gig worked as intended. The second gig there was no before/after montage, but i was able to 'show off' and get a reward. The third gig, i clicked 'reveal' and instantly failed with $0 earnings and a drop in reputation.
What do you expect to see? Reveal, before/after photo montage, show off, ask opinion, final verdict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I created a new family and made one of the sims an interior designer. 

The very first gig worked as intended.

The second gig there was no before/after montage, but i was able to 'show off' and get a reward. Annoying after doing all that work, but not game breaking.

The third gig, i clicked 'reveal' and instantly failed with $0 earnings and a drop in reputation. The family didn't even go inside the house. My sim met them in the hallway (apartment) and as soon as my sim got close enough to them that the reveal would normally occur, the 'Results' screen popped up showing $0 and Professional Rep - (see attached photo). The options to 'Go Home' or "Stay on Lot' then popped up. I attempted to stay on the lot to see if I could "show off" or somehow otherwise finish the gig, but only the normal actions you'd expect while being at someone's home were available.

Message 22 of 76 (1,288 Views)

Re: Interior Design no revel/fail

★★★★ Novice

I created another family and tried again. This time, i got no reveal / before/after montage / show off / moodlets / ask opinion right from the first gig. One of the family members did manage to walk a few feet into the house this time, but it went straight to the Results page with $0 and Job Performance -. I may not be the best designer but I'd assume I should still be able to show off the design and get their opinions. 

Message 23 of 76 (1,259 Views)

Re: Interior Design no revel/fail

Hero
@Cognitivecog If you choose the option to have a reveal, then yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 76 (1,253 Views)

Re: Clients gave me 0$ for my work immediately, didn't even show them

★ Novice
@suika0007 ive had the same issue but its intermittent
Message 25 of 76 (1,211 Views)

Renovation reveal cut short

★★★ Novice

I tried to reveal my renovation to my clients and it didn't even show the before and after pictures. Just gave me the ending screen with $0 and lower reputation 

Message 26 of 76 (1,200 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Renovation reveal cut short

Hero
@Cubictriangle123 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 76 (1,194 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

★★★ Newbie

My game is doing the same thing now too!   The first two renovations I completed I got to walk the clients through, and I got the reactions.   But the third and fourth Reno I completed I called the clients back to the lot, the slideshow popped up and then poof it was over, no reactions or anything fun. 

Message 28 of 76 (1,158 Views)

Sims 4 decorator - no reveal after renovation

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I have finished renovating on a gig, I call the clients back and when I click "reveal" the gig ends and the sim is sent back to home lot without getting "before - after" photos, show objects or final verdict. My sim gets money for the gig, but no response. 

No mods, or CC. 

Message 29 of 76 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sims 4 decorator - no reveal after renovation

★★★★ Expert

@Marisoa60 Have you looked in the bug section if the issue is reported as a bug? 

Message 30 of 76 (1,179 Views)