bug related to dream home decorator(game skips forward to the pop up at the end)

by isabelleangelina

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

★★★ Novice

I am having this problem too. Every time I click to reveal my renovations the interaction cancels out immediately. I am also having an issue where the likes and dislikes aren't showing up in the job's description however they do show up in the notifications tab. I repaired my game and removed my cc and mods and I am still having this issue.

Message 11 of 76 (1,516 Views)

Hero
@McAttackSims the likes/dislikes empty bubbles are related to a certain adult mod or wonderful whims. Did you delete the localthumbcache file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 76 (1,498 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue.

For me everything else works, it's just the reveal not working properly-

None of the client sims walk up to the space with their eyes closed, all of that doesn't happen, and my sim just goes Tada! and none of the before and after picture happens. Also the tast doesn't get checked off on the career panel.

Message 13 of 76 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi I deleted the localthumbcache and I updated wonderful whims and I am still experiencing these issues. I think these might just be a bugs with the pack, hopefully they will fix them soon!

Message 14 of 76 (1,453 Views)

The Sims - Dream Home Decorator - PS4

★★★ Novice

I have tried several times to do the reveal, and it immediately takes me to the end. I don't get to take them to the room and they don't get to see how the room turned out, even with plenty of time still on the clock. Once I click on a sim and say 'reveal' it just ends and gives me the simoleons earned.

Message 15 of 76 (1,404 Views)
Highlighted

bug related to dream home decorator(game skips forward to the pop up at the end)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everyone except star wars and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you get promoted several times
What happens when the bug occurs? After I call the clients home and click on show the renovation tour or (whatever it says in english), it just skips to the pop up where it says what I got payed and then I just have the option to leave or stay. So I can get their feedback anymore. This only happend after I got promoted several times. I always get paid, but this just makes it less fun as it skips a lot of steps and want to play through.
What do you expect to see? I expect to go through the gameplay as I did, not it skipping over the fun part.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this is only for the dream decorator pack.

It started after I got promoted up several times (can't remember to which level though). Suddenly I got an extreme lag all of the sudden after I got out of build mode, I wasn't even finished and suddenly the "finished" pop up came up out of nowhere, with the pay and all that. I exited the game and started up again the next day. It was fine for a moment and suddenly the pop up thing came up again. Sucks as that is the fun part, showing the room and seeing the reaction, but it just skips over it and I have to travel home. I really hope this gets fixed as it ruins the fun really. I'm going to try and repair, but in case someone else has this problem as well I wanted to report it. Also, seeing several people having their sims go through walls, I have this as well, it's even more now with this pack.

Message 16 of 76 (1,370 Views)

Re: Reveal Slideshows Stop Working

★★★★ Novice

Hi. 

I would like to add to this as it is very similar to the glitch I came on to report.

I did my *first* gig as an entry level designer, everything worked great did the build mode etc, took the after photos called the clients back, clicked to reveal the room and it went straight to the job completion popup and how much i had earned. no photos, no chance to show off objects or talk to the clients etc.

This is really dissapointing so I hope it can be fixed soon.

Also I play with no mods, all expansions 60% of gamepacks and around 20% of stuff packs, all kits

I have a clip from my stream where it happened if you would like to see.

Please try and fix this I was so excited about this picture reveal!

Message 17 of 76 (1,335 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

★★★★ Novice

EXACTLY what happens to me Frown I was streaming when this happened and lots of people in my chat reported it too

Message 18 of 76 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Novice
@tilia2 Same issue, I can't believe the amount of bugs in every new "big" update / expansion ugh
Message 19 of 76 (1,319 Views)

★★ Guide

This doesn’t seem to have an easy to reproduce trigger (in my experience anyway). My Sim has now maxed the career, and I’ve only encountered this bug twice (I’m not sure how many gigs I’ve done but it was a lot). I even tried doing another gig on the first lot that had the glitch, and it worked fine, ruling out an issue with that specific lot. 

Message 20 of 76 (1,304 Views)