Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an interior design gig, complete the gig, and choose to host a reveal event.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has only the option to "reveal design" to the clients. But when he does that, it immediately ends the gig and kicks the sim back home. The before/after photo montage doesn't happen, the "check this out" thing doesn't happen, I get no reactions at all.
What do you expect to see? The reveal event as it was depicted in the livestream/game changer videos.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim cannot complete the reveal event portion of the interior design career

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 76 (10,081 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dream Home Decorator

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods or custom content)?

If so, could you share:

• A video of the issue occurring
  • Affected save file(s)

Instructions on how to share is here:
http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 67 of 76 (5,790 Views)

All Replies

Dream home- no payment, negative reputation.

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco, university, island, famous, seasons, cats, city, together, work, magic, jungle, parenthood, dine out, dream home, paranormal, knitting, tiny living, laundry, movie.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete the gig steps for interior designer, try to show off the renovations.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the family comes home to see the renovations it will skip the reveal, clients will not like anything (even when being with their likes) or they will not even go inside and it will automatically skip to my sim getting paid 0 simpletons and having her reputation decrease.
What do you expect to see? Clients should walk through the house/room and look at renovations. My sim should be able to show off specific items that meet their likes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When the family comes home to see the renovations it will skip the reveal, clients will not like anything (even when being with their likes) or they will not even go inside and it will automatically skip to my sim getting paid 0 simoleons and having her reputation decrease. 

Message 1 of 76 (10,059 Views)

Re: Dream home- no payment, negative reputation.

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this exact same issue! It is tanking my interior decorator’s reputation.

Message 2 of 76 (10,029 Views)

Reveal Renovations Bug

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every expansion, game stuff pack and kit except vampires, journey to batuu, and romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? beginner level room renovation for Partihaus household, upon revealing renovation to client it it doesnt allow for the progression of the event of revealing renovations.
What happens when the bug occurs? upon revealing renovation it immediately ended the event after the 1st interaction of reveal renovations and the clients were unhappy.
What do you expect to see? normal progression of event completing event goals then asking client for final opinion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. purchasing and installing dream home decorator

Message 3 of 76 (10,033 Views)

Clients gave me 0$ for my work immediately, didn't even show them

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030 (may 27 2021 patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept a "Room Renovation" gig in the interior designer career, complete all the tasks, and then reveal it to clients
What happens when the bug occurs? Right after I click "Reveal Renovation" (forgot exactly what it was called) it just pops up and says "$0 earned, reputation strongly decreased" or something. The clients didn't even go upstairs to the room I renovated
What do you expect to see? The clients to at least go and see the room before deciding that they hate it
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Message 4 of 76 (10,038 Views)

Re: Reveal Event Bugged - Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions.

★★ Novice

Yeah having a similar issue where the before and after montage doesn't initiate and the family just teleports into the house and keep teleporting around the perimeter of the home, makes it difficult to show the home and makes the reveal less fun

Message 6 of 76 (10,027 Views)

Re: [DHD] Reveal: Immediately Ends Gig - No Before/After or Reactions

Hero
@tilia2 You say she only has the option to reveal design. What do you mean by only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 76 (10,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Every other interaction is grayed out.

Message 8 of 76 (9,853 Views)

Re: Dream home- no payment, negative reputation.

★★★ Newbie

I'm having that same problem too. It's just not working 😔

Message 9 of 76 (9,816 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have had this problem once or twice saving and closing then reopening the game fixed it for me. Haven't had an issue with clients hating the design, just the reveal event skipping to the final verdict.

Message 10 of 76 (9,804 Views)