Re: Decorating Disfunction

by ravasheencc

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue. I found a slight workaround. In build mode, save the completed lot or room to your gallery, then delete the current lot or room built and replace it with the save from your gallery. When you return from exiting the game, the shelves, clothes, and decorations should stay in place and not disappear into the household inventory.

Message 11 of 176 (7,367 Views)

Decorating Disfunction

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Got Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Paranormal Stuff Pack, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. It occurs every time I load my newest saved game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I close the game or leave my house to a different load area and then come back, objects disappear. Its the same sections of objects. Suddenly the built-ins made with the modular shelves from the DHD pack constantly lose the top left few pieces and anything touching them. It started after I downloaded Dream Home Decorator and the patch that added the pond stuff. I am also having trouble with my Sim not being able to use a computer without making her sit in the chair first. And certain clutter items are disappearing when the MOO cheat or ALT button is used to place them.
What do you expect to see? All my stuff where I placed it and to not have to constantly replace it, only for it to happen again as soon as I reload the house next.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the main patch that added the pond stuff, shortly after Dream Home Decorator came out.

I've attached three photos to show where sections of shelving have gone missing. This did not stop after the follow up patch the the pond stuff one and is making Gameplay very unappealing. Not to mention causing the DHD pack to be useless if my house is going to be disheveled anyway.

Also, I tried placing things without the MOO cheat on which still didn't help.

Repairing my game and Packs did not help either.

Message 12 of 176 (7,355 Views)

Design Home Decorator stuff problems

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All as of 02/08/2021
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, though if you test a few builds this may present the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? What was placed and saved is not there when I return to the game after save & full exit.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my lovely build to be there to continue gameplay but it's not. First time using the pack since downloading too. SAD FACE!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I place items from the new Design Home Decorator stuff - furniture especially the wall units (cabinets/wardrobes) and fill it with items. Save and exit the game.

When I return to the property the entire set-up/design is messed up and partially missing. Some items remain but most are gone. SO I have to rebuild again EVERY TIME!

NO CC's or Mod's are used ever however I do use " bb.moveobjects + bb.enablefreebuiild"

I've rebuilt so many times that I had high hopes for it magically be fixed each time so I don't have any screen shots / vids. 

This has occurred in a standard build and not during the Home Decorator career gig. 

Message 13 of 176 (7,308 Views)

Hero
@wendy1890s I merged your post with the main thread. Check your household inventory

Please use this for the computer issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-cancel-computer-interactions-Only-use-while/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 176 (7,325 Views)

Re: Design Home Decorator stuff problems

Hero
@Grounded_Lioness Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Modular-furniture-is-moved-to-the-household-inventory-on/t... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 176 (7,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictHi Crin, looks as though it's the same issue just under a different heading/description.
Thank you for flagging this otherwise I would have added it to that thread. Havnt checked my household inventory to see if it's in there so can't relate (yet) to that piece.

Message 16 of 176 (7,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hoping this information is somewhat useful for the gurus. I am a CC creator and I was working on updating some of my modular sets between 1.75.125 and 1.77.131. The new modular slottypeset tuning was working beautifully, *chefs kiss*. Specifically the client_only_parenting did the trick in most cases. However, as soon as 1.77.131 hit this no longer fully worked. What I did find was that if you place the modular pieces in one BB session, everything is all good. 

If you place a few pieces in BB, go to live mode/exit the game, then go back into BB mode and add onto that modular set then anything that was newly added will always be deleted when reloading the house/game. So temporary solution for players would be to place everything at once... but something on the backend changed between the two patches and does not seem to be due to user error.

Message 17 of 176 (7,299 Views)

Hero
@Grounded_Lioness I merged your post then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 176 (7,257 Views)

Champion

This sounds like an issue I'm having today. My modular shelves are emptying after my sim has travelled. I've got a wall covered with 8 floating modular shelves all fitted together in one big unit.

There's nothing on there that shouldn't be on there but when my sim returns home some of the shelves are empty and the items (all the decorative eggs, llama ornaments, small candles, bowls all in various colours) are all in the household inventory. I put them back with no problems but they fly off the shelves literally the next time my Sim travels.

I'm on Xbox series S and I've used the modular shelves since day one with no issues until I added (drumroll) Cottage Living....at this point this pack should have it's name changed to It's a Bug's Life!!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 19 of 176 (7,208 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★ Guide
@Rellanthos565 I can confirm this indeed works! thank you so much, finally Nancy Landgraab can have the walk-in closet she knows she deserves and the shoe rack for all her heels :D
Message 20 of 176 (7,187 Views)