Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active caree

by whubble

Original Post

Re: interior decorator and acting career no longer listed as active

★★★★★ Guide

Just to note - the two careers are still actually no longer listed as active careers, so that's still broken.

Message 11 of 24 (1,156 Views)

★★ Apprentice

True, that’s indeed still an issue for me too 

Message 12 of 24 (1,142 Views)

Hero
Yes, that's true for me too and is the main purpose of this bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (1,124 Views)

Re: [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active career

★★ Novice

Looks just like that in my game aswell…this is frustrating..

Message 14 of 24 (1,099 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active caree

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Choose Career for sim on computer or phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Actor (Get Famous) and Interior Decorator (Dream Home Decorator) are shown as rabbit hole professions rather than Active Professions. 
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them listed as Active Professions (the kind you can go to work with them).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. Clean vanilla save.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My game is current with the latest patch, but not sure which patch broke this. 

Message 15 of 24 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Wanted to add that I did try the acting career, and even though it shows as a rabbit hole career, it functions completely the way it's supposed to.
Message 16 of 24 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tested the Interior decorator career and the acting career, and both worked as they should. The only glitch is that at the end of a gig for the Interior decorator career, the ability to leave and go home doesn't pop up, so you have to do it manually. Also, I had to cancel the first gig because the pop-up for her to go didn't show up. But I chose the gig at the last possible minute and my experience with this pack is that may cause that glitch, so that isn't new. 

Message 17 of 24 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Someone going to fix this sometime this century or...?

My decorator isn't even getting paid for their work.

Job not listed as a follow career.

Job ends weirdly. The reveal bit never ticks off even though it gets done and client gets to the ready to talk stage. Once you do that job just vanishes, and you get no query to stay or leave.

After a good 10-20 minutes real time the job kicks you off the lot and decorator "earns 0" $ or whatever the units are supposed to be.

Special thanks to High School years patches Teeth bared

Message 18 of 24 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have this one too.

bug actor career.jpg

Message 19 of 24 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have that as well.

Message 20 of 24 (801 Views)