by ivywusiyi

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] Empty Gig List

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them besides Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you select the interior design career
What happens when the bug occurs? t wouldn't let me select any gigs for the interior design career. The List is empty. It worked fine for the first 30 minutes but after getting promoted the list was empty
What do you expect to see? Gigs to choose from
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, I know a few people already had kinda the same issue. My problem is that it WORKED for the first 30 minutes but after she got promoted it didnt worked anymore.

We tried it with a new family, quit the job, removed all mods. Nothing is working. 

I am asking for my cousin because its her game that its not working and she told me that the photographer freelancer career never worked. Even before she used mods. 

She was never able to select any job from the list. 

Now we have the same problem with the new game. 

I know that people are suggesting to start a new game but by now I think its a bug in the game itself bec so many people have that issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 10 of 69 (6,241 Views)

Home Designer - No gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

SOLVED! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODS

Make sure that you fill the empty homes in all of your sim worlds so that you have clients. Selecting "Fill empty homes" from the game options menu does nothing for this pack. You have to make or download sims and fill the empty homes in order to have gigs. Once the homes are filled this issue is fixed. 

Product:
 The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine-out, City Living, Get To Work, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration, Seasons, Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Get famous, Island Living, Laundry Day, Moschino, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, Toddler, Jungle Adventure, Spooky, Kids Room, eco lifestyle, Nifty Knitting, Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Snowy Escape, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Interior Decorator Career then select gigs from the work panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no gigs at all available. The panel is completely blank even when view "All" is selected.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see some available gigs and some gigs that are greyed out to indicate that they are unavailable. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No my mods were off and then I tried clearing the folder completely so it is empty now. 

Steps taken?

I tried quitting and rejoining the interior decorator career - nothing.

I tried waiting a day to see if the gigs would become available later - nothing

I tried exiting the game completely and relaunching - nothing.

I emptied my mods folder and repaired the game - nothing. 

I looked around to see if anyone else was reporting this issue but so far nothing. 

EDIT: Upon further inspection this is only happening on my long-term save file. If I start a game from scratch the gig panel is working correctly. Do you have any suggestions on what to do? I would like to continue with my generational game.

Message 1 of 69 (6,370 Views)

Re: Home Designer - No gigs

★ Apprentice
@NicholasDSOrigin I have the exact same problem and did the same thing. I hope someone can help
Message 2 of 69 (6,347 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yup..same problem here. I’ve heard from reviews that this pack is buggy - didn’t expect for it to be straight up unplayable lol

Message 3 of 69 (6,305 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ivywusiyi @summergirl345 

Please try to repair the game in Origin.

@NicholasDSOrigin 

After you move the Mods folder to the Desktop delete localthumbcache.package and then test with a new game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 69 (6,288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I have no such item and my cache is empty. The gigs work on a new save file but not on my old save file which is a major problem. 

Message 5 of 69 (6,273 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@NicholasDSOrigin Same only it also happened in a new game for me. All repairs, all attempts to fix, everything. This is the first I've been able to find anyone having the same issue. I'm glad you posted about it.
Message 6 of 69 (6,229 Views)

client list is blank for dream home decorator career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have attempted the dream home decorator career twice on two separate sims in two separate save files. so far after they do one gig, the client list suddenly becomes blank and i cant accept gigs! I do have mods installed, but I have tried removing them, tried repairing the game through origin, tried a new save file. please if anyone can think of a fix that might help im open to suggestions! 

ALSO i am playing on PC. I have no idea how/why it autoposted to mac technical issues. (and i have no idea how to change it) 

Message 7 of 69 (6,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is also happening with me except I started a new game specifically for this pack. Also, I have no gigs popping up at all, not even the gig pannel itself lol. Just shows level 1 and my performance level. I heard there is supposed to be a clipboard with your gigs? yeah, that isn't showing up for me. 

I also repaired the game twice, will have to start a new game to see if that works.

Message 8 of 69 (6,146 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen already did that. I did everything @NicholasDSOrigin also did besides starting a new game. I saw a few other people having that issue so maybe it's a bug from the game itself.. I hope that we won't have to start a new game in the end bec I created so many sims of my own and build lot of generations 

Message 9 of 69 (6,139 Views)