Re: Cafe remodel job, no client shows up.

by djsboonie

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Commercial Gig: Client doesn't show up/Interactions missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Snowy Escape, Dine out, Star Wars, Paranormal, Moschino, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Dream Home Decorator Pack Job during a Vet Clinic commercial job with Vladislaus Straud as the client.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you first start he will go inside the building and talk with you. When you've done your after photos and call him back to the lot to do the reveal he turns into a bat and disappears and never comes back to be to finish.
What do you expect to see? I think vampires shouldnt burn during the job since theyll run away from the sunlight.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 28 (6,039 Views)

Clients don't show up for Bar Renovation gig

★★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs & kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept a Bar Renovation gig then show up for it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you show up for the bar renovation gig the clients are not there & don't show up, even after at least 10 sim minutes. Since they don't show up you can't find out their likes/dislikes, etc.
What do you expect to see? I expect clients to be there for the bar renovation gig so I can complete the gig requirements.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When Dream Home Decorator pack was released

Message 2 of 28 (5,994 Views)

Cafe remodel job, no client shows up.

★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept cafe remodel job, go to job, client doesn't show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Client doesn't show up
What do you expect to see? The client show up.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure why this isn't working on my second try at the same job.  Cafe remodel job. 

Message 3 of 28 (6,056 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, but with the bar renovation gig

Message 4 of 28 (6,034 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What I realized is the client is there but I can't talk to them about the job. Only regular interactions. Then they walk away after a minute. 

Message 5 of 28 (6,028 Views)

★★★ Guide

@djsboonie wrote:

I have the same problem, but with the bar renovation gig

Same. No client showed up. I tracked them down and introduced the Sims, travelled back to the bar, and the gig was gone.

Message 6 of 28 (6,010 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This might be related so I'm adding here, on a bar renovation gig the client did show up. I did the renovation. When I completed the gig and called her back, she appeared then instantly disappeared and now I can't get her to come back or do anything else. All actions are grayed out "waiting to reveal" and I can't since she disappeared. 

Message 7 of 28 (5,990 Views)

Hero
@djsboonie @RevZMan123

Merging this with another thread on the same issue. I had it on a vet clinic as well so it seems unrelated to occults.

Was the client an occult for either of you ? A Sim that lives somewhere or a random townie ?

Did you wait for the pop-up to go to the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (5,959 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  My client(s) were the Bjergsens (sp?) and yes, I waited until I got the pop up.

Message 9 of 28 (5,939 Views)

Re: [DHD] Commercial Gig: Client doesn't show up/Interactions missing

★★★ Guide

Happening to me on a cafe renovation (Hare and Hedgehog). The client is an NPC in a house. I don't think they were a premade NPC, but I can't remember for sure and their name didn't show up in the career panel (I don't remember if that's normal or not. It's my second commercial gig. The Narwhal Arms makes a great arcade). I can't say if they're an occult or not. I always wait for the pop up to travel to the lot (assuming that happens).

As far as I could tell, they just never showed up. I checked every person that was in the area, including children, and no one had 'client' with their name. I did the reno, but eventually had to leave without doing the reveal.

I'm really loving this pack, but there are SO MANY bugs.

Message 10 of 28 (5,933 Views)