[OPEN] [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

by lonewlf91

Original Post

Sims Get Stuck during Reveal

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Dream Home Decorator Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Paranormal Nifty Knitting Tiny Living Moschino My First Pet Laundry Day Toddler Fitness Bowling Night Vintage Glamour Backyard Kids Room Romantic Garden Movie Hangout Spooky Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Luxury Party Holiday Celebration Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you redecorate an apartment in San Myshuno, there can be an issue with the routing to the point that they get stuck in one of the grayed out apartments around the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC Sim will route through the grade out apartment and get stuck behind a wall. He is not able to leave this great out space and I am unable to get him to reset outside of that space.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see The Sims route into their own apartments and not get stuck in the grayed out space of someone else's.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a workaround for this, but it isn't necessarily the best. You add the Sim to your household and then you teleport them out of the space. The only issue with this work around is that it automatically ends your gig and the client always loves what you have done.

Message 11 of 19 (2,625 Views)

Re: [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@xRaptorX8same for me. My sim and one of the clients was stuck outside a window of the Jang Apartment. They were completely invisible but I knew my sim was there bc I double clicked on their icon and the camera moved outside the window. I couldn't teleport my sim back inside. Resetsim cheat did nothing. I just had to get out losing all progress too.

Message 12 of 19 (1,531 Views)

Re: Sims getting stuck during home renovation

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you! Thankfully I looked it up before my day ended. I see that many people have had this problem hopefully EA fixes it soon. I put in a door and left it there. Not sure if i will get to go back to her house but if so it won't happen again. Even though I know how to fix it now. Thank you again!

Message 13 of 19 (1,504 Views)

Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator Bug When doing Renovation Reveal

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Realm of Magic, Star Wars, and Paranormal Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you play Dream Home Decorator and go to reveal the renovation with the clients.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you play Dream Home Decorator and go to reveal the renovation, a Sim will get stuck outside of the house walls. Every time I have done a renovation (three times now), a Sim has gotten trapped there and could not come back in to view the renovation or give their "final verdict".
What do you expect to see? Sims should stay in the room, not exit the walls strangely, and be able to view the renovation and give their final verdict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 14 of 19 (1,480 Views)

Decorator Gig Glitch - Sim stuck on roof and can't ask for final verdict

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure where to find it - it's the most up to date version as I keep up with the updates through Origin.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete a decorator gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? When one or more household members are ready to discuss their final verdict of the completed decorator gig. I've tried exiting the game and going back which worked once but now it's not working so I can't complete the gig.
What do you expect to see? The household member/client is stuck in an area my sim can't access - for example on the roof.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Please see screen shot attached.

Message 15 of 19 (1,484 Views)

Re: Sims getting stuck during home renovation

★★★★ Novice
@CarmenRaphenia You're a lifesaver! Thank you Standard smile
Message 16 of 19 (1,242 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

★★★★★ Apprentice

Similar thing just happened july 20th 2022, apparently what happened is that the mother and father of the Harris family from eco lifestyle decided to get jiggy with it upstairs as I was getting final verdicts from their children and the grandmother. They both got their final verdicts as they were "in bed" and now they are stuck being lumps under the sheets that I can't interact with. Can't go into build mode because I am hosting a reveal event and the game won't let me. This is my achievement save so I guess I'll just have to take the L and see what happens when the timer runs out.

Message 17 of 19 (1,176 Views)

Re: [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

★★★ Newbie

This just happend to me. Came searching for answers too, only to find everyone being told to teleport. I just added him to family then removed him after teleporting him back to his apartment via cheats. It did give me what I'm assuming was his household funds, but as I'm playing a legacy (not really doing official rules), I took it as payment for the hassle.

Message 18 of 19 (1,118 Views)

Guide Client Glitch in Home Decorator Pack

★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Home decorator, cats and dogs, wedding, university, high school, cottage, get to work, holiday celebration, and tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I am finished decorating a client's home and invite them inside to reveal the renovated space, the client gets stuck outside and won't come in. I am also unable to end the "Guide Client" task. It's happened 2/3 times I've decorated clients' houses.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to end my "Guide Client" task and am stuck as well. My only option, if it allows me to, is to cancel the gig.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the client will follow me inside and allow me to show them the new objects in their house and complete my assignment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

I just downloaded several packs at once during the spring sale, including the home decorator pack. Just recently updated from origins to the EA app as well. 

Message 19 of 19 (964 Views)