by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] Cannot add walls for walking closet/inlaw unit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can't add walls during any renovation gig, even if it is something like "add in-law suit."
What happens when the bug occurs? No walls are able to be built, so you have to just fake out the gig by not doing anything, not get paid, and lose reputation.
What do you expect to see? The ability to build walls for certain gigs, especially ones such as "add in-law suit" where home additions are required.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am unable to build anything with the dream home decorator gigs.  This is normally not an issue (for example, room renovations) but is a huge problem on things like "add in-law suite."

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 14 (5,207 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Cannot add walls for home additions on Dream Home Decorator

Hero
@Thinking_Thing Is this for a house or an apartment ? Have you tested without mods installed ?

I haven't had time to test this one. Is it a room renovation or a room addition ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (5,152 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had a gig for a walk in closet but was unable to add or move walls so was unable to add closet so couldn't finish the job i play on ps4 so no mods

Message 3 of 14 (5,118 Views)

Hero
@mumofharry The walking-in closet is a room renovation, though, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (5,113 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah but it wouldn't let me add or move walls to make a closet it was a small house without anyway of making a closet without moving walls
Message 5 of 14 (5,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mumofharry I haven't played the walk-in closet but those might be the restrictions. I don't think the game has the means to check each house if it will work there.

I totally see what you mean though. Both of these scream for walls to be added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (5,057 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah i think you're right because its a renovation but it really doesn't make sense that you would have a walk in closet where you can't add or move walls should really be in add on rooms
Message 7 of 14 (5,014 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@mumofharry I know the walls thing is broken... a lot of that pack is.

What I did was use partitions to "wall off" a section of the bedroom and make THAT the "closet". It seemed to work. I was lucky that the RANDOM selection of "likes" actually gave me something to work with... which is severely rare.
Message 8 of 14 (4,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just throwing in my two cents that I'm having this problem too on my very first gig. It's the "walk-in closet renovation" but I can't add any walls so I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do? I guess just make a section of the bedroom a "closet" area without walls? I was excited to try a closet job as my first one because the trailer made it look fun in the Pancakes house. This is... disappointing, to say the least.

Message 9 of 14 (4,981 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Yeah good idea using partitions although in the lot i was on the bedroom was too small to do anything with without moving walls unfortunately
Message 10 of 14 (4,969 Views)