[FIXED] [DHD] Cannot add a room for some gigs/houses

by Shanz0313

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict For those having issues with the Landgraab house, I found that it would allow me to place one of the wall-less room squares outside in the back garden. Everywhere touching the main house wasn't allowed, but placing the 20 tiles of not-room room outside allowed me to just add some stuff to the garden and complete the renovation. Worked for me as they wanted garden and patio decor in the room anyway, so probably wouldn't work with other style choices as well. I just made them a swimming pool, gave them a jacuzzi, and a few sun loungers and called it done. They then stood at the front of the house and decided they liked what I'd done without coming to see it, so it was still terribly bugged anyway, but it was a semi-ok workaround.
Message 31 of 45 (1,335 Views)

Dream Home Decorator "Additions"

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Seasons, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Movie Hangout, Luxury Party, Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Dream Home Decorator career and take any "addition" renovation gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? You attempt to add tiles to the lot, but it keeps telling you that you can't edit existing structures, and that you must add to the existing structure.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to add a room somewhere on the lot to create the addition, decorate it, and reveal it to the client
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had to cancel the gig because I physically couldn't add a space for the addition. I watched a James Turner video in which he needed to do a renovation that required an addition, and he was also unable to complete that gig correctly, and it damaged his sim's career. I will provide a link to his video.

Aww yeah, Batuu renovation! Dream Home Decorator (Part 13) - YouTube

Message 32 of 45 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issues. I have no mods or CC. I have the most recent game version and all updates. I have all Expansions. OR, Spa, Dine, Parenthood, JA, Strangerville, DHD. Kids room, Laundry, MFP, Tiny, Knitting, and Paranormal.

I pretty much can't do any room additions or level additions. I try to build and it always tells me I can't alter the existing structure, so I have to have a random detached room that doesn't actually connect, on a lot that goes to the edges so there's no space to create anything. Sometimes it lets you create a basement in that case.... Or it'll tell me I'm restricted to a certain floor like ground floor or something, even though I am on the specified floor. 1 time I was able to add a nursery to the house... But it only allowed an extremely unrealistic amount of tiles to be added that I couldn't even fit more than the baby in there, and it wouldn't allow me to roof it saying I couldn't alter the existing exterior... I also get the issue where it tells you to add a room, but then doesn't let you actually add new walls or tiles.... I can pretty much only do room renovations. Even the community lot renovations are glitched.... I get to community lot and the client never shows up. So you pretty much have to just design blind.... You can only call the client to the lot once you're finished. I have had to do 3 blind like this and each time it resulted in the client hating the renovation, and I got no pay and a reputation hit. Penthouses also seem to be glitched. It doesn't let you knock on a door to get into the penthouse so it never lets you even see the inside to do anything.

Message 33 of 45 (1,260 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Cannot add a room for some gigs/houses

★ Apprentice
@Shanz0313 This is happening to me as well. The job was to add an office and bathroom addition to the top floor of the Harris house in Evergreen Harbor. I couldn't interact with anything! Couldn't add any walls or floor tiles inside or outside.I thought maybe it considered the roof level the top floor but nope, can't touch or add anything.
Message 34 of 45 (1,234 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also found that some additions are possible and some are not.

Possible:I was able to add a bathroom to the gym lot in Oasis Springs ( a commercial gig), add a room in what I think was the old Caliente lot, and to add a photo studio into Bess' old mill lot in Evergreen Harbor (residential). I

Not possible: most recently, the Sigworth's lot in Strangerville. This is the only one I remember specifically, but after a couple of complete fails I gave up.

Message 35 of 45 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I took a "Top Floor Office & Bathroom Addition" at the Roomies property and cannot add rooms, subtract walls or items from existing rooms, or move anything on any of the house. I can copy objects but I cannot place them anywhere and I can add stairs to the property but can't do anything else.

Could not include a picture because I had no way of converting it to what I needed to upload it

Message 36 of 45 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AustinWiard Alas, the link did NOT work
Message 37 of 45 (1,190 Views)

Bug in Room Addition

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to do a room or bathroom addition. Not allowed to add any walls move any furniture. Cannot complete the gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to do a room or bathroom addition. Not allowed to add any walls move any furniture. Cannot complete the gig.
What do you expect to see? Be able to move or sell the furniture
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Trying to do a room or bathroom addition. Not allowed to add any walls move any furniture. Cannot complete the gig.

Message 38 of 45 (1,186 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator "Additions"

★★★ Novice

I was asked by the Goth family to do a top floor photography studio, and I get to the lot only to realize that the roof on the top o the little tower that serves as Alexander's room is not sitting on the top floor, but that it intersects the top floor somehow. I try going into manage worlds and changing it around so that the top floor was just above Alex's bedroom, and it didn't work, so eventually I gave in and made a few extremely ugly boxes with stairs leading up to what would be the fifth floor if you could add walls up there, and made an outdoor photography studio/patio because Mortimer really likes Garden Decor. Everyone but Bella loved it. Bella has hated every renovation I've done so far except for Alex's bedroom, which I expanded into one of the large boxes I had to add to get stairs to the fifth floor photography studio that was definitely 100% necessary. Another family that I downloaded off the gallery to fill in Newcrest with more job opportunities wanted an In-Laws Suite Addition and No matter where I tried to place a room for that gig, it was always red and couldn't be placed, and gave me a couple different errors about "You can only make changes to the level the clients have allowed" or something like that. I had to cancel that gig while on the lot because I couldn't actually add anything.

Message 39 of 45 (1,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried to do a (maybe - I'm not playing the game in English ) walk in wardrobe addition (16 tiles), and the game allowed me to make the addition to some of the outdoor walls (very limited) but refused to let me change the wallpaper/paint the walls. Very strange and quite irritating. It was on the small most upper lot in Newcrest (don't know the English name for it) - so the addition was hard to begin with. 

Message 40 of 45 (1,077 Views)