[FIXED] [DHD] Cannot add a room for some gigs/houses

by Shanz0313

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

★ Apprentice

Strangerville Library, the client was Jesminder Bheeda. It shows she is married, but when I was at the gig it was only her.  The pictures I took for before show the lot as the strangerville information center.

Let me know if I any further questions.

Message 11 of 45 (1,456 Views)

Hero
@Toomanysimmers I wonder if some lot just have issues.

I've not had any issues with room additions so far

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 45 (1,450 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem -- gig is 'room addition' but can't build or move walls anywhere. House is the Goth house. (Ophelia Villa)

Message 13 of 45 (1,304 Views)

Hero
@mottle Could you post some pics where you're trying to add walls ?

Could you also add a pic of the gig description ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 45 (1,296 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'd already closed the game in disgust as I'd already gone back to a previous save once today (after discovering the Sulani wreck gig wanted you to redecorate the land above the wreck apartment and not the apartment itself -- which means 'redecorating' a huge lot of nothing but tropical vegetation and a tiny hut containing the stairs down, all with a tiny amount of money. So the Goth house assignment was the end of my patience for today.

But I went back in and found it on the app again, so I attach a pic. I know it says Client:Talla, but that's because Mortimer died and Bella remarried. I can't provide pics of the house without doing the gig again, and I haven't the patience for that. I'm not sure what they'd tell you that I can't tell you in words anyway.

I tried to add walls everywhere it should be possible to add walls -- outside the house on the paved area, outside the house on the grass area, inside the house in rooms, attached to internal walls, attached to external walls, and on the top floor of the house where there's loads of space within the footprint to expand. I also tried to resize rooms by dragging into external and internal spaces. None of this worked.

I wasn't posting asking for help btw. I would have provided more details if I had been. I was just adding a 'me too' for the OP so they know it's not just their game.

Message 15 of 45 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict In the screenshot you can see the house. It's in the Courtyard Lane neighborhood in Willow Creek. They asked for the "add in-law building" or something like that. I tried to add a room where currently the monkeybars are in the backyard. I tried to connect it to the main house as well, but that didn't work either.

Message 16 of 45 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mottle The problem with room additions is that they work for a lot of people and I'm trying to best to keep things separate where they are separate (meaning: Separate threads for separate types of room additions - like apartments, eco apartments, specifically named room addition, gigs at certain type of lots, ..) so more info will help the devs figure out why it's not working for some folks. Posting pictures of houses and the gig helps, especially if you've replaced houses or whatever.

I honestly don't think they can cover every case cause. So for example the wreck house: That would be a basement renovation but they can't be sure that you're using the original lot so having to check that is probably beyond the scope of this pack. They could of course just black list that lot but then another guild would say: Why do I never get gigs for that lot ?

I think currently it's the best to always save before taking a gig and go back to that if you have issues with the house.

@josha1996 Hm, I didn't have any issues personally with that gig. For me it was the tinker house

EDIT: So doing a Arcade addition currently. I think that one is just wrongly categorized. All the text and requirements suggest it's a renovation while it was under room additions (also the budget is REALLY tight for having to add computers)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 45 (1,265 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict If you want specifics... This is the best I can do off the top of my head...

Goth house addition - Can't build anywhere
Landgraab house addition - Can't build anywhere
Commercial lot (was in oasis springs, a lounge, don't remember which) - Can't build anywhere.

I attempted at least a dozen more but don't remember the lots. Could not build anywhere on any of them. One or two commercial lots, mostly residential. No apartments (I skipped all apartment "additions" because it was obvious it wasn't going to work)
Message 18 of 45 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps I will see if I can get any of those and test.

EDIT: I think the issue is that the game thinks everything is an existing structure for some lots. .. Currently can duplicate the issue on the Heckling House in Brindleton Bay. So it's really a matter of lot, maybe gig

So Photography Studio Addition with insanely low budget on the Heckling lot (unedited)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 45 (1,197 Views)

Hero

@Psychotps @Shanz0313 @josha1996 @mottle @Toomanysimmers 

Do you guys remember if all the houses you had issues with had foundations ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 45 (1,152 Views)