[FIXED] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Re: Dream Home Decorator additions broken

★★★★ Novice

James Turner experienced this bug in his latest video.

Message 81 of 126 (928 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this issue as well, but I'm realizing that it's not necessarily a bug. I think it's designed that way, but I think it definitely needs to be reconsidered.

Say you have a one-story house with no roof and just floor tiles as the ceiling. The game is considering those floor tiles to be a level (second level). Meaning that in order to do a level addition, you must go to the third floor despite there being nothing visually on the second floor.

Really, I think the best solution is just to remove these requirements because it looks absolutely ridiculous to have a third story just floating in the air above the house.

Message 82 of 126 (899 Views)

★ Novice

Similar issue except it was a basement. Couldn’t add it to the house - was getting an error that I could only make changes to the selected level. But couldn’t do anything. I have no mods or cc in my game, so definitely not the issue

Message 83 of 126 (949 Views)

Cannot add a level addition

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work. City living. Discover University. Cats & Dogs. Jungle Adventure. Eco lifestyle. Get famous. Get together. Island living. Seasons. Snowy escape. Dine out. Vampires. Dream home decorator. Outdoor retreat. Realm of magic. Spa day. Strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing the decorator career.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is not able to complete the decorating gig
What do you expect to see? My sim should be allowed to design the client a new level addition like they were asked to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently bought the new Dream Home Decorator game pack however i'm having the constant problem of not being able to complete a gig requiring a level addition. No matter where i click anywhere on the lot i'm not able to design anything new, i cannot buy anything new for the client there's no option for me add a level addition. I don't understand how i'm supposed to complete this kind of gig. I end up having to call the client back to the lot and lose professional reputation because i have not changed anything from when they last saw it. How can i fix this?

Message 84 of 126 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with basements and additions. Can't add them. It's basiacally ruined the game.

Message 85 of 126 (907 Views)

★ Novice

I figured out how to get around this!! I used the bb.enable free build cheat (after doing testingcheats). When I took the gig, I tried building, couldn’t, so I used the cheat and exited build mode, then went into build mode again. I was able to build then and add a level to the house. I quickly threw the required things inside and then didn’t even show the clients the reno myself, I skipped it just to make sure. I got 30,000 in total (5000 tip I guess??) I was so surprised this worked. 

Message 86 of 126 (859 Views)

Re: Can’t renovate houses when adding a level or adding a room

★★ Novice

I have the same issue however I can delete the roof. Literally all I can do on the lot is add stairs...

I can't add flooring, walls or any furniture. It keeps coming up with "You cannot make changes other than the level designated by the gig" and i'm restricted to the top floor.

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 9.50.38 pm.png

Message 87 of 126 (838 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't believe they released a patch this week, and didn't even address ONE bug from this pack!

Message 88 of 126 (835 Views)

Dream Home Decorator Level 10 Cant add level

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base: 1.75.125.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Get to work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Outdoor retreat,Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Movie Hangout, Bowling Night, Toddler, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get promoted to level 10 of the Dream Home Decorator career. Select Gig thats "Add a Level to this home" for 25,000 simoleon payout. go to gig enter build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot make changes to any level at all. you may or may not be able to add stairs and delete roofs but thats all you cant build walls, place furniture or click on anything.
What do you expect to see? I should enter build mode and be able to add stairs and then walls and furniture on the next level of the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

20210703_220502.jpg20210703_220509.jpgcant place walls, floor, furniture cant click anything in build mode

Message 89 of 126 (849 Views)

Re: Can’t renovate houses when adding a level or adding a room

Hero
@katebrouwer Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 126 (808 Views)