[FIXED] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Home decorator career

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, jungle Adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the home decorator career doing any level additions.
What happens when the bug occurs? When entering build mode as a home decorator during a level addition gig you can not add anything to the home on any level I have tried from the roof to the basement. It says the restrictions are the top floor but it will not let you add anything on any level. It says “you cannot make changes other than the level designated by gig” I have tried everything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to add the level and complete the gig. I get a very bad reputation for not “putting any effort in” and I can’t even try to put effort in. Please help!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I’m not sure what to put here 

Message 61 of 126 (1,652 Views)

Re: Home decorator career

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. It's extremely frustrating!

Message 62 of 126 (1,623 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue , it happens almost every level addition gig and no matter what level I try and build on it just will not let me , its making the pack almost unplayable as I can only do room renovations but even then it sometimes wont let me change wallpapers etc. I have no mods I play on pc and I'm getting a bit annoyed as I paid so much money for a pack so full of bugs that its barely playable. I'd be over the moon if EA could just fix it Devil

Message 63 of 126 (1,558 Views)

Re: Can't add a new level during a 'level addition' gig

★★★★ Apprentice

@kenniesims I had the same issue with the Fryes house. I just ended the gig as it looked ridiculous 

Message 64 of 126 (1,545 Views)

Can't add level or basement for any gigs

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose a gig that says to Add a top level or a basement or a room. Go to the gig, and under the restrictions, it says "Restricted to Bottom Floor" or "Restricted to Top Floor". Try to build walls for a basement or the top floor, or put stairs or a ladder to connect them and it won't let you.
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter how high or low I go in build mode, it won't let me add a level or basement, and even if I were able to, they wouldn't be able to reach it because it won't allow me to add stairs or a ladder because I'm not supposed to make any changes to other floors (which doesn't make sense because they need a way to reach the new level). This happens at all the gigs where I need to add a level or basement. Also, for the gigs where I need to add a room to the house (so I need to add tiles), it won't let me connect the room to the house. It says I can't change the existing structure, so I have to add a room that does not touch the house, which is messed up. It also won't let me add a roof to that new room because it is technically on a different level, so then the house looks really weird. It doesn't seem like this was play tested very well.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to complete the gig by being able to add a level, basement, or room to the existing house, and I should be able to connect those levels with stairs or ladders.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I bought and downloaded the Dream Home Decorator pack.

This bug occurs on every gig I have chosen that has to do with adding a level, basement, or room. This happened when I had my mods installed, and it still occurred when I took them off and I even tried repairing my game to see if that had anything to do with it. Nothing changed, and for each gig I have to cancel it and lose reputation because I can't complete it. Please fix this bug because up until now, I have been really enjoying this pack and I really want to keep enjoying it, but pretty soon, there's only so many kitchen, bathroom, room, and level renovations I can do before it gets old. It would also be great to be able to edit the roof of the house because when we edit the level or walls, we need to be able to make the roof fit without it saying we can't because of the gig restrictions. I added a picture of the game not letting me add walls for the basement or stairs to go down to the basement.

Message 65 of 126 (1,413 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★★ Novice
@kreativeangel93 I am also experiencing this problem
(June 16, 2021)

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Home decorator, Get to work, Cats and dogs, Snow fun, get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As a Home decorator, i was doing a Level addition job. It does allow me to delete the roof but not add any walls or flooring anywhere. I cant complete the job. This has happened several occasions. Or when doing the gym renovation, the client sometimes doesnt spawn. and it wont allow you to complete the gig
What happens when the bug occurs? When i was doing a gym renovation, the client did not spawn. I couldn't ask for their opinion or send them away It didnt allow me to complete the job.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to finish the jobs that are given to my sims. The NPC's have to spawn in order for me to complete the gig. Also, i would like to add the new level addition so i can continue playing my new favorite career. thanks!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure
Message 66 of 126 (1,381 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream

★★★★★ Guide

Regarding this bug - I was able to add a second floor, but for another job I cannot add a basement. I even reloaded the game, created a basement for that family and started the task again to see what happens - and nothing. I can neither edit the added basement, nor add another basement floor or a room on the same floor.

Once again - an unplayable addon for a real money is released. Nothing to be surprised about, however.

Message 67 of 126 (1,359 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem where I can do a level addition but it has to be above the house. I've added an image of Johnny Zest's new level of his house floating above his room. I feel lucky I was able to place stairs but I could not place a ladder. I was unable to move/delete the roof in order to make the space directly on top of the first floor the new addition. But the grid to place walls was floating above the roof so I was able to complete this renovation.

I've also had an issue where I can't sell/delete objects I've just purchased and placed on a renovation and get the error I can't change anything not associated with the current gig. 

I've also had the issue where houses tell me I can only decorate the ground floor but won't let me place anything on the ground floor. This seems to happen more often with taller foundations but that could be coincidence. 

I've also had the glitch where I cannot click on objects to "check this out" even after the reveal is complete. 

Message 68 of 126 (1,329 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

★★★ Novice

I tried this and it didn't work for me; I was restricted to the top floor in my level addition and I tried this and it didn't work for me

Message 69 of 126 (1,272 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

★★★ Novice
@EmilyBlueJaye Thanks for the workaround, it worked fine for me and I was able to complete the gig without problems.
Message 70 of 126 (1,255 Views)