[FIXED] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Re: Can’t add new level addition

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here and I know this is common amongst everyone. Level additions say restricted to top floor but you can't build any walls on said top floor. Tried clicking all up arrows to go to top most floor, deleted roofs etc some roofs won't be deleted and yet still now walls. Can't even place objects. It's getting tedious.

Message 41 of 126 (5,981 Views)

Re: Can't add upstairs level on DHC

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've just run into the same problem. Went to roof and it wouldn't let me make the main roof piece smaller, but it let me change the other roof piece, but not add a room to that spot.

I mostly took that particular gig, not even thinking about this bug, to see what would happen because the Pay and the Budget were so flip flopped.

Pay: 25,000
Budge: 2,627

Those should be reversed. No level can be made with that budget, a room with any required big ticket items would struggle with that budget.

I also couldn't add a basement, addition or alter any existing walls. It kept giving me the error: You cannot make changes other than the level designated by the gig. The only things I could touch and manipulate were the front and back stairs and that one smaller roof piece. I had an "addition" gig that wouldn't let me attach a new room on the ground floor (it was an "in law addition"), so I built a freestanding little building, but it was weird.

But this level thing is a really sh*t bug. It can be avoided for now by just not taking level gigs and waiting for a patch, but it begs the question: why the heck did they release a pack with such bad bugs?

Well, we KNOW why (money money money), but it's a bad look.

Anyway, here's the gig with the messed up Pay/Budget:

paybudgetdisparity.png

Message 42 of 126 (5,987 Views)

Re: Can't add upstairs level on DHC

★ Guide
@YarnAttack Good question about releasing the pack with so many bugs but we know how they are. Not the first, and won't be the last.
But yeah same here, pay is really high compared to that low budget, I was curious about it as well that's why I took it. So I guess, we can't add any basements or upstairs levels for now 🙃
Message 43 of 126 (5,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the Country Kitchen and Courtyard Oasis Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept the "Add New Level" gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to add walls or rooms at any level of the house - I get the error message "You cannot make changes other than the level designated by the Gig." For this particular gig in which I discovered the issue, the restriction is to stay on the top floor but it doesn't matter as I cannot build anywhere at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

At this point I am going to have to quit the job and suffer job performance issues. I don't mind, but I won't be trying an "Add New Level" gig until it's fixed. See image below for error message.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 175618.png

Message 44 of 126 (5,955 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I dont have any photos, but for the Brook Bungalow lot, I was able to add a room on the very top floor. It was not connected to anything and basically was floating above the roof.  I think this may have been possible because the existing roof did not extend to the 4th floor? I did get a good review and paid for that job.

Another home that had a taller roof allowed me to delete some of the roof sections, but did not let me add anything.

Message 45 of 126 (5,913 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

★ Apprentice

Photo attached 

Message 46 of 126 (5,887 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bailey-Moon manor allowed me to add a room on top. However, what the game considers as the top level does not make sense logically. I could only build a small room on top of the small decorative piece on the back (shown in picture in red circle) and I couldn't even add any ladder or stairs. it may not be a glitch, but definitely needs to be adjusted

Message 47 of 126 (5,874 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

★ Guide

I have been able to find a work around for most of the issues around "adding a new level." I have to first go into Manage Worlds, and enter build mode of the house I'm trying to make over. I build a new level and am then able to complete the gig. EG: I selected a basement addition gig for The Pancakes and couldn't add one through standard gameplay. I selected manage worlds (without my sim) entering the Pancakes house and adding a basement through build mode. Then I was able to return to my active interior decorator sim and could place the color/style preferences in the basement to successfully complete the gig. I have noticed the additions with levels on top can be trickier. Sometimes it will be the fourth level which we can't build with a full wall height. I exit in the same manner and add the next level then return to my active sim. I literally have just placed items on top of the added room to complete the gig.

Message 48 of 126 (5,844 Views)

[DHD] Level Renovations Not Working Properly on Properties With Foundations

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits. Apart from Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept a Level Renovation gig
What happens when the bug occurs? Only recognises the ground floor as outside when property has a foundation
What do you expect to see? All rooms on the ground floor being available to edit on the ground floor, regardless of presence of foundations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When accepting a gig for a level renovations and the house has a foundation, the restrictions state that you are limited to the ground floor. However, when you try and redecorate the walls and floors of the house it won't allow it as they are "outside" the restrictions of the gig.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 49 of 126 (5,540 Views)

Re: [DHD] Level Renovations Not Working Properly on Properties With Foundations

Hero
@Duostar84 Wonder if that's the issue with the room additions as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 126 (5,522 Views)