Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

by jmcdan02

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 dream

★ Apprentice

This is side note honestly I think some of the restrictions put on the dream home decorator for when you're decorating are a little too severe and the fact that you can't add interior walls or even half walls which would help break up a space, and if something glitches and it delete the wall you can't add the wall back

Message 101 of 126 (844 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator gig bug

★★★★ Novice

@ChezTX wrote:

How is this still an issue, yet not on the 'laundry List' for fixing????

This is what I don't understand. Half of this pack is unplayable yet there hasn't been a mention of it in the bugs list. 

Message 102 of 126 (836 Views)

Level additions not working in dream home decorator career

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to some interior design gigs and follow the steps. In build/buy mode, you won't be able to do build or buy anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of them do not let you renovate the lots. I have experienced this at the Roomies lot and now at the Vatore's lot. I will get the likes and dislikes from the client before sending them away, I will take the before pictures, and then enter build mode. I will try to add the walls or add the objects, or even take away those things and it will tell me that I cannot do that because I am restricted to the level as specified in the gig, even if I'm already on the correct level. This has only happened, so far, for level additions. When I end the gig or even if I just skip the build buy step and take the after pictures and reveal it to the client, I don't get paid and I get a bad review.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to renovate the home as requested and move on from there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When Dream Home Decorator launched. I forget which patch it was but I have been having this issue since the launch of the pack.

My files are too big but I know this is an issue that has been reported before, I just couldn't find it. 

Message 103 of 126 (843 Views)

Re: Level additions not working in dream home decorator career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't understand how this has not been addressed it effects every lot I try to do this on its not house specific and has really wrecked the whole point of the game pack.

Message 104 of 126 (781 Views)

Re: Level additions not working in dream home decorator career

★★★★ Novice
Message 105 of 126 (763 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had never tried to add a level until today. Mainly because I had heard that this could not be done in game. I thought it had been fixed and finally built up a sim in this career until adding a level became available. It is a 2 story home and they are wanting a 3rd story. I can remove the roofs. I can add a set of stairs on the 2nd floor going to the top floor. I cannot do anything else. I cannot build walls. I cannot move furniture out of the way on the 2nd floor to place the stairs in the most optimum space. I cannot place furniture on the top floor. I changed the roof type so that the roof would be large enough to accommodate a room inside of it and this too did not change the situation that I could not add any rooms on the 3rd floor. I thought that maybe it was my custom content, so I changed the name of my game to a backup file and created a whole new game. There is no difference in performance, though I did copy and paste my saved files into the new game, but I did not add anything else. This is because it contained the sim with a high enough career level to do the gig. The new game did not have any CC added to it.

Message 106 of 126 (720 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think I found a work-around, that actually worked for me! The pay was pretty hefty (25K) so I had to try. Asked them for their likes and dislikes, and went to manage worlds and renovated it from there. They luckily liked it, and I got payed!

Until an update, it's best to ignore the level gigs! 

Message 107 of 126 (692 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the information. I will try that. 

Message 108 of 126 (666 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream

★★★ Newbie

the same thing happens to me I remove the roof and go to the top and it always says cannot build and it is annoying

Message 109 of 126 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not a computer person so this is very irritating as I ahve bought so many Sims 4 games I feel like they need to fix this.  I know  how to play so seeing the you must be on the top level is ridiculous there is an issue.  do a patch and fix it or give us out money back.

Message 110 of 126 (579 Views)