Dream Home Decorator additions broken

by JenniferJeanM

Original Post

Re: Can’t add new level addition

★★★★ Novice

Same problems with me too. It's like every other pack that comes out, there's always something wrong with it.

Message 71 of 126 (1,364 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream

★★★★★ Newbie

hey @crinrict I am having this same issue with Dream Home decorator. I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and even repaired my files and still having the same issues. Lots that ask you to add a level are the issue. They are restricted to the top floor only but in build mode you are not able to add on to the home on any level. This happened to me on the lot of the Bailey-Moon family and now at the Munch home. This bug will happen on any lot that has multiple current layers in build mode but you can't add to what would be the 'top floor'. It makes you build on the top layer and some lots don't even allow that. You get an error message stating "you can only build with the current gig restrictions". My current save is still at the Munch home as I haven't canceled the gig yet. 

Message 72 of 126 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream

★★★★★ Newbie
@Xila31 this same thing happened to me too! I was able to stop the issue with "the check this out" by repairing the game and restarting it and also the adding items to the ground floor resolved after the repair too. The odd thing is when you build the floating room some lots won't even allow the stairs if there isn't enough space on the lot to have them. I also have the sell/delete issue too with this level addition issue.
Message 73 of 126 (1,392 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★★★★★ Guide

Same problem here, I am restricted to "top floor" but it won't let me build on the top floor.

I have no idea why you would have that restriction in the first place.

It's really sad that this is how this pack ended, I was enjoying it but now I am just tired of it.

Message 74 of 126 (1,372 Views)

Dream Home addition/add level bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Seasons, Pets, University, City Living, Island Living, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Tiny Living, Laundry Day. Vintage Glamour, Paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing "Add addition" gigs in Decorator Career
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to add a level in "add addition/level" gigs. Always says I cannot build outside of design area. Also unable to add rooms, in-law additions, studios, etc. Either have to cancel gig or reveal without any changes, both causing no payout and lowered rep.
What do you expect to see? Able to add level or addition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a.

Message 75 of 126 (1,368 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★★ Novice

Is there any fix to this or any response from EA that this is even being worked on?? I can't add levels or rooms to houses and when I try to contact them it takes me to this page. Does anyone know if this will be fixed sometime soon? 

Message 76 of 126 (1,313 Views)

Re: [DHD] Level Renovations Not Working Properly on Properties With Foundations

★ Novice

We all want the larger paid jobs but these bugs won’t let us add floors or rooms..

what I do is I choose those types of jobs and then just send my sim to work alone without going with them.. they’re gone for 12hours in game and come back at 9pm making the §25,000. Yea you don’t get to design, but it lets your sim make that money without their reputation going down until they can fix the bugs 

Message 77 of 126 (1,258 Views)

Can't add level - Dream Home Decorator

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except star war, all stuff packs except Mossimo stuff and fitness stuff, only the kitchen kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick a level addition gig as a home decorator
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't modify any part of the lot except the roofing. I can't add a level on top, or add rooms next to the top floor. All I can do if change the roofs, for some reason, and not all of them, only the highest up roofs.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to add a level to the top of a house when I take on a gig that asks me to add a level to the top of a house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can't add a level in the level renovation gig. The house I'm editing is the house with the four roommates in Windenburg. The lot is called Factory One. For some reason the only things I can edit are the highest roofs. I can't add a level there, or add any rooms or furniture anywhere.

Message 78 of 126 (1,259 Views)

Dream Home Decorator additions broken

★★★ Novice

Sims Dream home Decorate is broken, can not add additions on for basement or second floor.

Message 79 of 126 (1,266 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator additions broken

@JenniferJeanM  I've merged your post with the master bug thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post on page one and add any info you find relevant; you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 80 of 126 (1,239 Views)