Re: [Bug] Can't add onto apartments in Dream Home Decorator

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

Hero
@c34watson Moved your post over to the apartments thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 25 (916 Views)

[Bug] Can't add onto apartments in Dream Home Decorator

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Dream Home Decorator, accept a gig for room addition or for a commercial lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug I have an issue with now is specifically adding additions to houses - when in an apartment complex (which isn't specify once you accept the gig) you cannot physically add walls so you can never complete the gig. You have to cancel or fail. Similarly, any gigs on commercial lots do not work since no client ever shows up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the pack to work - I expect to be able to alter walls and lots in apartments if that is what the gig requires, and I expect a client to show up when there's a commercial listing available (such as vets, gyms, etc).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dream House Decorator is riddled with bugs. It hardly ever works as it should. The bug I have an issue with now is specifically adding additions to houses - when in an apartment complex (which isn't specify once you accept the gig) you cannot physically add walls so you can never complete the gig. You have to cancel or fail. Similarly, any gigs on commercial lots do not work since no client ever shows up.

Message 12 of 25 (885 Views)

Hero
@momomeluna Merged your post with existing thread.

Please use this thread for the issue with the commercial lots. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/V-DHH-Vampire-Client-Disappeared-Vet-Clinic-Renovation/td-p/10...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (871 Views)

★★ Novice

Great, thanks!

Message 14 of 25 (862 Views)

Re: [DHD] [CL] [ECO] Add room gig not working in apartments

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps They actually do work on residential lots. You have to build a room outside of the main structure. sometimes the additional room cannot be attached to the main structure and has to be seperate.
Message 15 of 25 (825 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kikoi_builds No, it doesn't.

I tried it a GREAT MANY TIMES.

Cannot build connected to the first floor.
Cannot build connected to the second floor.
Cannot build on the roof.
Cannot build a separate building.
Cannot build in a basement.
Cannot build ANYWHERE.

IT
DOES
NOT
WORK.

I can't possibly be any clearer.
Message 16 of 25 (809 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Psychotps and @kikoi_builds I think the key part here is why does adding a room work for some and not for others?

It could be

- the type of room addition the client wants 

- EA or player made custom lot

- specific lots (although our experience building at the Landgraabs' was totally different, so probably not this...)

- one pack / combination of packs

- anyone have any other ideas?

I know it's frustrating, but getting upset isn't helping anyone. Whenever the game doesn't allow me to build the walls like I'm supposed to, I just enter bb.enablefreebuild and complete the gig that way. It's better than my sim losing reputation and this way I can actually change some of the eyesores in the neighborhood.

Message 17 of 25 (793 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Xiaco Good question. Thing is, I've tried it with mods, without mods, clearing the cache, vanilla lots, custom lots, vanilla households, custom households... NOTHING works.

If it's an "addition" gig. It WILL fail. It's as simple as that.
Message 18 of 25 (775 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] [ECO] Add room gig not working in apartments

★★★ Novice

I have just encountered the exact same issue in the Stonestreet apartment from Eco Lifestyle, the gig is a "room addition" but there is no way to add the 32 required tiles. No option to renovate current rooms to get around this either. Apartments need to be flagged against certain gigs!

Message 19 of 25 (760 Views)

Home Designer- Cannot complete room addition to apartments

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dream Home Decorator, All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Home Decorator career, level 5, select gig "room addition" for an apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot add room to space not owned, cannot make any changes to existing structures. Gig cannot be completed. When gig cancelled, negative reputation and performance.
What do you expect to see? Room addition gigs not available for apartments or other locations that cannot be added to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please remove the gig option for room additions to apartments as the job cannot be completed.  Thanks!

Message 20 of 25 (730 Views)