by TerahWatson

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] [CL] [ECO] Add room gig not working in apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Many, but the only relevant ones are Dreamhouse Decorator and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim in the interior design career accept an add room gig in San Myshuno. Send away the customer and enter build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you try to place a room, a wall or anything at all, a red error message will pop up, telling you to add a new room outside the existing structure. But , because you are in an apartment you cant add anything outside the existing walls.
What do you expect to see? I expect to add a room inside the existing structure, making an existing room smaller or I shouldnt be able to accept an add room gig in San Myshuno whatsoever.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpiCCByIu9wDrmhVt3LW8o-A1s9p_BnB/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 25 (3,025 Views)

Re: [DHD] [CL] [ECO] Add room gig not working in apartments

★★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem too! I think the 'add room' gigs shouldn't even be available for apartments as you can't add to any apartment lots. 

Message 2 of 25 (2,952 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CdKvS It doesn't matter. The "Add Room" gigs don't work on regular residential lots either. You always get that error message.
Message 3 of 25 (2,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Psychotps They work for me in residential lots, at least I was able to build an extension for the Landgraabs.

Edit: You can't make changes to what's already inside the clients home, I think that's by design. I'm able to add a new structure (attached to or detached from the house), attic and basement as long as I don't try to delete the clients things.

Message 4 of 25 (2,925 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Xiaco Strangely, I tried it on the Landraab's home myself. Every time I tried making a new room outside, it gave me the same error. So far, I haven't been able to create a new room ANYWHERE on ANY lot on ANY gig.
Message 5 of 25 (2,909 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Psychotps That's strange.

You weren't able to build any walls, like totally separate from the house when not making a room? 

Which room type did they want? I got a nursery for an apartment and couldn't do anything to the place. The second client wanted an in-laws addition but I couldn't touch anything they already had. The third client wanted any type of room and I couldn't touch anything that was already there. For these I also couldn't exceed the tile count. The last job I had to do a gym addition. I could make the room bigger than the client wanted and I could get rid of and shuffle around their existing items. (Here's a short clip from the last gig. I'm sorry for the potato quality..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtaDzKgwlI 

Message 6 of 25 (2,892 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Xiaco Tried several. Extra bathroom on a commercial lounge lot. Langraab's was a photo studio. Tried attached to the building, tried separate building... every time I went to draw a wall anywhere, I just got that cannot modify existing walls or something.

It's just flat-out broken.

Watch Lilsimsie's video... same thing happened to her. She ended up saying she was going to give up on the entire game pack until they patched it.
Message 7 of 25 (2,867 Views)
Highlighted

dream home decorator: apartment addition

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?Everything except bust the dust and the fitness clothes kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Interior Decorator Career, get a job for an addition to an apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm not able to make any alterations, as you can't add tiles to apartments.
What do you expect to see? Either not have gigs for additions to apartments, or be able to alter the lay-out of the apartment to make an extra room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Tried with and without mods, there is no difference.

Steps taken? Cancelled the gig

Message 8 of 25 (2,799 Views)

Re: dream home decorator: apartment addition

Hero
@TerahWatson I merged your post with the report on room additions in apartments.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (2,760 Views)

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue currently for "Gig: Nursery Addition." When my sim arrived at the gig, it is in an apartment (city living). I am required to add a new room with at least 22 floor tiles, but since it is an apartment I cannot modify the existing structure. I also cannot move any of the existing furniture or the internal walls to make a new room within the apartment's blueprint. The client is Bheeda. 

If I try to move the walls I get the error: You cannot add any new rooms or walls on the existing structure for room renovations

If i try to change the floors or build a new wall I get the error: You cannot make any changes on any existing structure. Add them to a new room of the existing structure

If I try to build a new room off of the existing structure I get the error: cannot make changes outside of owned area 

Screenshots of the job description are attached

Message 10 of 25 (2,701 Views)