Re: Can’t knock on door at Dream Home Decorator Gig

by djsboonie

Original Post

Hero
@cejaidenise Merged your post then

Yeah, penthouses and some apartments seem to have issues. Just wanted to make sure that's the case for you too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 65 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The issue appears to be with gigs at certain Penthouses where a Sim needs to be buzzed in or go upstairs:

1. Penthouse in Arts Quarter when you visit normally one is given two options—Go Upstairs or Be Buzzed In
  2. Penthouse in Fashion District when visiting normally one is given just one option—Be Buzzed In
  3. Penthouse in Uptown – when visiting normally your Sims appears in the hallway so one can knock on the door.  

I’m going to assume that option 3 above is not an issue since your Sim appears at the door.  I’ve only done 3 gigs as follows:

1. Gig 1: Residential – House in Sulani – Room Renovation
  2. Gig 2: Apartment - San Myshuno - in Spice Market – door was not there so I could not click to knock but my Sim knocked on it autonomously which allowed me access to the Apartment and continue on with my Gig.
  3. Gig 3:  Apartment – San Myshuno - in Arts Quarter – No issue with knocking because there was a door.   

Canceled 4th Gig because it was at my boyfriend’s house.  So, I selected a Gig at Penthouse in Arts Quarter. When I arrived at the Gig, there was no option to select to Go Upstairs or Be Buzzed In.  Teleporting to the balcony does not work on normal visits, so it most definitely will not work on a Gig (I tried by the way when I was trying to gain access). 

I don’t use any mods at all in my game; yet, I do have CAS cc only (1.34 GB – very little at this point).  I did remove the CAS folder and tried the gig again but the same issue happened.   

Message 52 of 65 (1,815 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem with the penthouse at 1 Torendi Tower. Can't knock/buzz door on sidewalk, can use shift-click to teleport to balcony but cannot knock on door. Client was a lady named Ianoue. It's a bummer I'll have to cancel the gig, but it happens.

Message 53 of 65 (1,796 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have had the exact same trouble with the Penthouse in the Torendi Tower.

Message 54 of 65 (1,695 Views)

Re: Can't enter client's apartment in home decor

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I tried this. It didn't work. I still couldn't get inside the penthouse.
Message 55 of 65 (1,682 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

★★★ Newbie
@elmaster1o1 I had this problem too! I found that I could teleport onto a balcony, then zoom in really close in the windows and find a sim and then could click on them to ‘send them away’ and that enabled build mode, just couldn’t get to know them
Message 56 of 65 (1,581 Views)

★★ Novice

The front door is inside a little room as soon as you get off the elevator, except, you start the job on the ground in the city, and cant access the elevator to get to the front door to knock on it, and none of the clients are around to talk to outside this job for some reason, and the urge to autonomously walk to the door to start the job does not happen.  Its the penthouse in the art district....

Message 57 of 65 (1,426 Views)

★ Guide

My issue is a little different.  At the 888 Spire penthouse, my sim is able to visit the lot, knock on door, etc. but there is no furniture to change.  The entire apartment appears empty.  Even when entering build mode to attempt a renovation, no furniture is present.  As others have said, I was forced to cancel the gig, taking a significant hit to the career performance.

Message 58 of 65 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here

Message 59 of 65 (1,110 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

★ Novice

No meu jogo, também não aparece a opção de bater na porta, nas coberturas dos apartamentos. Eu não usei a profissão de decorador, apenas visitei outro sim e não pude entrar. Clicar nas portas não sugere nenhuma opção

Message 60 of 65 (1,089 Views)