Interior Decorator can't enter penthouse to complete gig

by zansidhe

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem with all apartments not only penthouses. I have decided to rename each household  DNR for “Do not renovate” so that way I don’t end up having to keep canceling gigs.  Hope this gets fixed in the bug fixes. 

Message 21 of 65 (2,452 Views)

Re: Can't enter client's apartment in home decor

★★★ Newbie

I have tried this. I even tabbed and went inside but had absolutely no way of getting to a front door that functioned in order to start the gig. When I was in first person I was even able to see their furniture but as soon as I tabbed back out everything turns to nothing again. 

Message 22 of 65 (2,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cannot access the

• Landgraab Apartments - Feng family.
  • Culpepper House - Rasoya family.

With the Rasoya family - I can't visit them either, my sims lives in the next door apartment. 

Message 23 of 65 (2,389 Views)

Hero
@EchoTermis Do you not have a door to knock on or what happens in details for those ? Can you post pics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 65 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with another penthouse.. i don't know what to do.. and i didn't want to lose the reputation.. but i guess the only thing we can do is cancel the Gig :'((

Message 25 of 65 (2,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same exact problem, my sim is down there and has absolutely no way to go up to the balcony of the penthhouse where the clients are happily sitting. Nowhere to click in that entire building, clicking to interact with the clients also does nothing as she simply "waves" that she can't go up there, but i personally can't even enter Build mode like the OP can. I did try to zoom around in the center of the house up there to find the elevator, and even that was non existant: just didn't show up much like the rest of the house, because technically i'm not inside so i can't see inside.

EDIT:  wait i think i've done the other penthhouse before though (there's only 2 right?) cause my current issue is in the exact same penthhouse as the OP, so maybe it's just this one penthhouse that is having issues? I'm going to try to lookout for gigs for the other penthhouse to see if i can do the other one again and come back to confirm when so.

Message 26 of 65 (2,371 Views)

Dream Home Decorator

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Ep10: 1.assets.ml-ep10.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except spooky stuff and the 80s clothing kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As an interior decorator get a gig for a household occupying a penthouse lot in San Myshuno. Try to find a place to knock to be invited inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? The front door of the apartment complex is not recognized as a front door and cannot be knocked on. Neither can any of the exterior doors on the lot. Not even the elevator can be clicked and knocked on.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to knock on the front door of the apartment complex (ground floor, exterior) and be able to be let in by the household and continue on with the decor gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There are other bugs with this pack as well. Like being told to renovate the top floor of the building and it being only a tiny enclosed turret (tower) with no way up. We can’t edit the level below it and add a ladder going up, nor can we add walls on the top most level to create a room. I was able to get paid for the gig by placing small objects tagged with the clients favourite colour on the roof of this attic space. But it’s random to just have suntan lotion bottles and picture frames on the roof. 

Message 27 of 65 (2,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The "Front door" is in the small room by the elevator.  It faces inside the building so you can't access it.

Message 28 of 65 (2,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This worked for me.  I was able to fly up to the balcony and wait until the client opened the door.  Then I was able to click on the floor inside and go there.  No before or after pics though. just build mode and then allowing the time clock to run out.  They liked it though, and it did reflect on my reputation.

Message 29 of 65 (2,329 Views)

Interior Decorator can't enter penthouse to complete gig

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Interior Designer career, if you have a gig that takes you to the Fountainview Penthouse in San Myshuno, you are unable to knock on the door to "Be Buzzed In". This occurs whether you're off to work or if you visit the penthouse while you have the gig scheduled. As soon as the gig is cancelled, you are able to be buzzed in to the building. This occurs with our without mods installed.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim travels to the building and there are no options to be let in to the residence.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to select the building to visit the penthouse and complete the interior decorator gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional information to add.

Message 30 of 65 (2,302 Views)