Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work Game Packs: Dream Home Decorator, Star Wars, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Tiny Living, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. I get the gig titled Room Renovation for the client Harrington. My job title is Interior Design Technician. I will submit a screenshot of the building. 2. When it's time to go to work, I click Let's Go to Work. 3. I'm taken to the lot, and my Sim stands on the sidewalk in front of the apartment building.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot click on the building. I can't make my Sim go into the building. I can click on the balcony of the apartment I'm supposed to renovate, but my Sim won't go in. I can go into Build Mode and edit the apartment, but since my Sim can't go into the building, she can't take before/after pictures or finish the gig.
What do you expect to see? In the gigs I've done so far, my Sim first appears in the hallway outside the apartment instead of outside the entire building. Additionally, there should be a door where I can click and it'll allow me to knock on the door to go inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I got a gig, and when I clicked Let's Go to Work, it sent me to the lot. Only I can't enter the apartment building. I was able to enter Build Mode and decorate, but I couldn't take before/after pictures or finish the decorating because that would require my Sim to enter the apartment building. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 65 (10,916 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] [CL] Can't enter penthouse lots for gigs

Hero

Being an Interior Decorator can be tough, it's made even more difficult if you can’t get in. Sims picking up a gig at a penthouse will now be able to knock on the door and get in to work their style magic.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 65 (2,105 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't enter client's apartment in home decor

★★ Guide

That's a penthouse, not an apartment. Look around the house on top of the building for the front door.

Message 2 of 65 (10,854 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've attached screenshots of what I can see. These are the only doors I can see at the top. I've hovered over every door on the entire building to see if an option to knock shows up. I've tried clicking on the balcony to see if she'll go, but she waves her hand like she can't get there. 

Message 3 of 65 (10,692 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ValiantRedKnight I replied to your comment. Can you look at the pictures and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Message 4 of 65 (10,674 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem D: I've tried clicking on every door and nothing happens

Message 5 of 65 (10,665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@elmaster1o1 I’m assuming you can’t lower the walls and see the inside of the penthouse? You should’ve spawned in a hallway area where the elevator and the front door is...

Message 6 of 65 (10,647 Views)

★★ Guide

Odd, I guess they didn’t plan for this lot type, that’s really unfortunate.

Message 7 of 65 (10,641 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@elmaster1o1 Same problem. Gigs apparently don't work for apartments. Don't even get the ability to knock on the door.
Message 8 of 65 (10,628 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kathryn891 No, you can't lower the walls. The weird thing is, though, I can go into Build Mode and edit the lot. But since my Sim can't actually enter the lot, she can't do the before/after pictures.
Message 9 of 65 (10,623 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I've done gigs in other apartments just fine, but since this one is apparently a penthouse, I guess it's different.
Message 10 of 65 (10,618 Views)