[OPEN] Custom Music doesn't play on Next Song

by Espisayer

Original Post

[OPEN] Custom Music doesn't play on Next Song

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been having a glitch with the in-game stereo in the last month or so. I think it's with my custom music, because it plays the regular Sims 4 songs normally. But when it plays my custom music, when I select "Next Song" on the stereo, no sound will play. This may happen just once or multiple times in a row, but generally it's consistent.

Yes, my computer has the specs to run the game. Yes, I have mods, but no huge game-changing mods. It's mostly just cc like clothes, makeup, etc. (about 320-something.) I really don't think that's it. Maybe it's an update glitch, I don't know. As for how many custom music files I have, it's 110. They're all the correct file type and kbps.

I heard you can fix sound problems by deleting the options.ini file, but does it reappear?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (1,567 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stereo sound glitch

Hero

Yes, the options.ini re-appears. Not sure if it will help though

Have you tried without any custom content to see how that works out ? Have you tried narrowing down if it's just certain songs or random ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I did try to take all my mods out, but the stereo still loses its sound when I pick Play Next. It's weird, because if I just let the stereo switch songs by itself it's fine, but that button doesn't seem to work for me with custom music.

And no, it's no specific song.

Message 3 of 7 (1,553 Views)

Hero

Does it matter which folder you use ? (aka category)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, it's any music category; Spooky, S-pop, etc. Whatever I put my custom music in, and usually I don't mix my custom music with EA music, I uncheck the EA music in that category. So I know it's just the custom music.

It usually has a pattern of  no sound>sound>no sound>sound, etc. if I click on "next" multiple times in a row, though sometimes it does no sound multiple times in a row.

Message 5 of 7 (1,540 Views)

Hero

@Espisayer moved to the bug forum. I'll add to the list on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,520 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,480 Views)