Re: Can not see preexisting Holidays or make new ones in new season period.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Custom Holidays don't reappear the coming 'year'/ Issue creating new

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing through a few weeks in game, going to the end of the calendar, can not see any preexisting holidays, or even make a new one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, can't see any preexisting holidays, or make new ones.
What do you expect to see? Preexisting holidays and be able to make a new one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After playing through two weeks in my sims game, I noticed after going to the end of my calendar, that for the first two weeks of spring, as I play on the 4 weeks seasons period, that I can not see, or even make any holidays. I had made two Holidays previously on these weeks. One on the second day of Spring of a Spring Fools day, and one on the second week on a Thursday being Easter, as you can see from the attached image that these Holidays are not showing up. I thought perhaps this was a bug and selected those previous days to remake them, and once I finalized the Holiday, they were not added to the calendar. I can make Holidays in the current spring to winter period, but not the following spring period. I tried this with and without mods, and it happened both times. It also appeared in old and new saves.

Message 1 of 31 (6,992 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Custom Holidays don't reappear the coming 'year'/ Issue creating new

Hero

Fixed an issue that made Simmer created Holidays in the Calendar populate after a season ended.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 31 (4,822 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue as well, only i see nothing! and the words are all scrambled up.Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (2).png

Message 2 of 31 (6,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hit right Click on Sims 4 in Origin and hit repair Sims 4...started working properly again! See if it helps...

Message 3 of 31 (6,876 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (6,867 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did as you said, and it's still happening. I recorded some videos to show what happens. https://youtu.be/Yf-rvyJUC64 this one shows what happens if I make it in the first week.

https://youtu.be/4a1iBfmSmr4 and this one is in a new week.

Message 5 of 31 (6,851 Views)

Hero
I know you said it happens in new and old saves but

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.you said, it happens in new and old saves, but

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (6,846 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
You did repair your game as well, right ? I'm not able to duplicate even on your save, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (6,817 Views)

[UNSURE] [S] Custom Holidays don't reappear the coming 'year'

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party, Fitness, and Pet Stuff. This is a Seasons feature issue.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a custom holiday that will happen in 2-4 days 2. Play past the holiday 3. Once the week the holiday occurred on has wrapped to the bottom of the calendar, scroll down. It will no longer be there. I have also changed my calendar setting from the default 2 weeks to 4 weeks. However, I created the holidays after changing the season length and have not edited it since. I'm playing on the Long lifespan setting.
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems like my custom holidays are one time things.
What do you expect to see? That's not how I would have intended them to behave. If they will appear eventually, I would prefer to have confirmation always that the game will remember them by making them appear on the calendar once the week they occur on wraps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is a feature in Seasons that doesn't seem to be working correctly.

My custom holidays disappear from the calendar after they have been celebrated and the weeks wrap. I would have expected them to become permanent annual holidays. Is anybody else seeing this issue? Is this how they're intended to work?

My Sim celebrated Passover and Easter in the spring, but now that that week of spring has wrapped I don't see them at the bottom of the calendar Frown I made so many custom holidays, I don't want to have to constantly make them because i want them to stay the same year after year.

Message 8 of 31 (6,893 Views)

Re: Custom holidays disappear from the calendar after they have been celebrated

Hero
Do the premades stay or did you delete those ?

Tagging this as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (6,884 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did repair my sims game, twice.

Message 10 of 31 (6,794 Views)