by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Counter and backsplash unnaturally darkened on a diagonal

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a room that has both regular and diagonal walls. Add some lighting. Place light topped counters (such as the red and white version of The Harbinger Counter) along the straight wall(s) as well as along the diagonal wall(s).
What happens when the bug occurs? Counters placed along diagonal walls have much darker backsplashes than those placed along regular/straight walls.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the same color/brightness on the backsplash regardless of the orientation of the wall it is placed against.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image displaying the problem:

darkbacksplash.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (1,118 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Counter backsplash unnaturally darkened on a diagonal

★ Guide
Has anyone found a fix to this issue?? It's been driving me bananas!
Message 2 of 3 (1,039 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Counter backsplash unnaturally darkened on a diagonal

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

There's no fix, but you can workaround the issue by positioning counters a little distance away from the wall, enough that backsplashes aren't generated.  There is still a bit of darkening on the counter itself (depending upon distance from the wall - the further away, the less darkening), but it's not as harsh as what appears on the backsplash.  However, after taking another look at this in game today, the problem extends to the counters themselves now (if it did in the past as well, I hadn't noticed it).  Here's an image of what I'm seeing:

darkdiagcounters.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (1,030 Views)