[OPEN] Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

by MrMig57

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

★★★ Apprentice

July 2021 and it's still an issue. I have almost all packs (missing 1 and the "kits") and everything is updated . I tried both with and without mods to see if it was a mod causing the problem since the mini update made my game spaz out (in that particular case it was a mod). This time it's not the mods. Also a side note, my active Sim would randomly stop reading a book just to put it away and pick up another before they finish reading. Most notably skill books but others as well. I had to stop my Sim putting away the Handiness skill book away at least 3-4 times before he ranked up to level 2. I really don't want to cheat but I'm almost ready to start pulling out my hair in annoyance. Most of my mods involves fixing EA's garbage and CAS. EA needs to start paying modders at this point for fixing all their half-assery.

Another side note, my sim loves the outdoors but insists on staying indoors to watch tv or read (in the case of libraries). Just was wondering if that had anything to do with this primary issue (pulling laptops out of hammer space). Not really an issue but a minor annoyance that breaks the immersion. I stopped playing for a month all because my cat answered the phone to for my sim to go to a party.

Message 11 of 15 (524 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still occuring with Cottage Living update. Trying to talk to sims about Strangerville and all townies and my sim keeps cancelling interactions to run across the the picnic tables and use the portable laptops.

Message 12 of 15 (494 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS5 also. My played sim kept running out of the library to use a portable computer she doesn't own. 

Message 13 of 15 (443 Views)

Champion

I’d completely forgotten this was a thing because I had a mod installed that blocked it, but recently pulled all mods out while testing a different problem and it’s still happening and still annoying. My Sim kept running away from the conversation I was trying to make them have in order to pull a laptop they couldn’t afford  out of thin air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 14 of 15 (414 Views)

★ Guide

I've never seen this happen before until just recently so it must have been reintroduced with one of the newer patches or DCLs. All of a sudden, my Sims are randomly pulling laptops out of their back pockets and running across the yard to picnic tables to use them. This is especially annoying in Strangerville when I want them to focus on other things. 

Message 15 of 15 (385 Views)