by mathematics654

Original Post

[OPEN] Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a community lot assigned as a library.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your Sim occasionally pulls out a FreeRoam Portable Computing Device and uses it while visiting a library and while they are autonomous, even if there aren't such a computer in their inventory. When they are done using it, it simply disappears.
What do you expect to see? Your Sim not pulling out a portable computer from nowhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pretty sure it began happening after installing Discover University.

It usually also affects other non-controlled Sims visiting the library.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Edit By MrMig57: Updated Current Game Version Number and Included Non-Ownership of Journey to Batuu

Edit 2 By MrMig57: Updated Current Game Version Number again and Included Ownership of Journey to Batuu

Message 1 of 15 (5,890 Views)

Re: Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What really makes me sad about it is that libraries computers are now ignored and "useless" (for autonomy purposes). Visit Willow Creek Archive is very bad because Sims will autonomously go to the nearest picnic table to use this random portable computer and ignore the library itself Frown

Message 2 of 15 (5,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Not only the library computers, but mostly also the books as well (the only one that usually reads books now is the librarian), since it won't be long for Sims that visit the library to have the "Use Portable Computer" interaction pushed on them. But that may just be in my game.

Message 3 of 15 (5,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I spent all this time on my library just to have all of my sims run down the road to use the portable laptop on a picnic table. Have you found any mods that nix this? I can't seem to find the action in MCCC to block it. Some of the things they add to the game are so stupid tbf. Have them checkout a laptop from the library if that is what you are going for. My sims leave the lot immediately and it's so frustrating!

Message 4 of 15 (5,686 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

★ Guide
This very thing also happened to me while playing as my active sim in the pre-built Windenburg library. I don’t know how or when it began, either - as described in the in the initial bug report, my sim also had no laptops in their inventory.
Message 5 of 15 (5,632 Views)

Sims pull out laptops without owning one

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batoo
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any library lot with a sim who doesn't own a laptop.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sims don't have anything queued up they go sit down by any table around the world (not necessarily on the active lot but also surrounding picnic tables etc), pull out a laptop and start using it (the action says "Use portable computer"). If I queue up anything on the laptop it shows me the menu but the sim stops abruptly, stands up and the laptop disappears.
What do you expect to see? Sims not using laptops constantly, especially if they don't own one!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch (28.4.2021).

I couldn't find any open bug report on this. It started happening after the newest patch and is driving me nuts since I'm playing in Sulani and my sims constantly just hang out on random laptops if they have nothing queued up!

Message 6 of 15 (5,069 Views)

Re: Sims pull out laptops without owning one

Hero
@Bnibuilds There was a report. Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (5,060 Views)

Re: Sims pull out laptops without owning one

★ Guide

Thanks!😊

Message 8 of 15 (5,043 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Controlled Sims pulling out portable computers at libraries

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Zero has a mod for this bug google: University - Played sims using NPC Interaction FIX

Reason: The game don’t filter this behaviour correct (should only NPC affect)

Message 9 of 15 (5,023 Views)
Highlighted

Played Sims spawn a laptop they don't own in the library

★★ Pro

What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a library with free will on
What happens when the bug occurs? Played Sims spawn a laptop and use it, sometimes even walk to a far away picnic table to use it
What do you expect to see? Played Sims without a laptop won't spawn one, and use the desk PCs that are already in the library
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not a specifc patch, but ever since the laptops got into the game, I don't care if not played Sims do that (I think this was intended) but I don't want played SIms to spawn a laptop out of no-where, it also chose them to walk far away since every table is can be used, even a picnic table the other end of the street

Message 10 of 15 (4,925 Views)