by rebeccah101

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Constant negative moodlets from wants and fears/Constant fears

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW GT CL CD S GF IL DU ECO SE CoL High school Years OR SD DO PH JA SV DHD MWS LSP PPSP SSP MHSP RGSP BYSP VGSP BNSP LDSP MSP TLSP BTD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From playing with a family monitoring moodlets
What happens when the bug occurs? I keep continually getting negative moodlets, near enough as soon as one ends a new one - angry/ sad from not achieving wants and fears. I have tried to turn off wants and fears and this does not work
What do you expect to see? Either wants an fears to turn off or an appropriate amount of negative moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game and installed High School years at the same time so could be either of these

I keep continually getting negative moodlets, near enough as soon as one ends a new one - angry/ sad from not achieving wants and fears.

As a work around I have tried to turn off wants and fears and this does not work and I am aware that is another reported bug

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 32 (9,936 Views)

Re: Constant negative moodlets from wants and fears

★★ Guide

Fears work so that once the sim has one, it will appear as a temporary trait, listed together with the other traits. It will also create a fear bubble where the whims used to be. There are Wants, which have fluffy round edges, and if your sim has a fear, it generates a fear in this part of the screen as well, a thought bubble with sharp edges. Hovering mouse cursor over that bubble tells you exactly what to do to get rid of the fear, the temporary trait one. 

Once you get rid of the temporary trait fear, the fear-related moodlets should stop. As long as you have the temporary trait for that fear, it will keep creating moodlets related to that fear. Conquer the fear, and the moodlets stop.

Sometimes it can take a bit before the sharp edged thought bubble thing appears. Once it does, just do exactly what it says to get rid of the fear.

Message 2 of 32 (9,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. I'm addressing all of the fears the way that they indicate but the negative moodlets will NOT go away. I have Sims angry, sad, and uncomfortable all of the time. They are picking fights with their family members even when I have autonomy off. This has to be a bug right? I get that the wants and fears are supposed to be temporary but there is nothing that is helping.

Message 3 of 32 (9,811 Views)

★ Guide

Same here, I’ve managed to clear cache and repair the game which has allowed me to turn off wants and fears. But I feel even though they do give temp traits which I was aware of, the constant negative moodlets are far too frequent and makes some aspects unplayable because they are constantly extremely sad/angry/uncomfortable and so on. 

Message 4 of 32 (9,761 Views)

Fears are WAY TOO FREQUENT

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game and stuff pack and every kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play an adult sim, get a job, just live life for 2 sim weeks.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are getting 3 or 4 fears per day frequently. Fear of unwanted dreams happens daily. Fear of dead end job as well. Fear of death, my young adult sim has already had that twice, once with a death and once utterly unprovoked. The biggest issue is that I resolve a fear, and then my sims regain that fear less than 8 sim hours later often.
What do you expect to see? Fewer fears on average per day (unless they’re absolutely provoked, like fire or a death) and a cool-down of a notable length of time before a sim regains the same conquered fear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch before and installation of high school years

My sim frequently has 3+ fears at a time because they’re turning up at least 3 per day on average. It’s insane.

Message 5 of 32 (9,741 Views)

Re: Fears are WAY TOO FREQUENT

Hero
@TiaAllyce23 I've merged your post with the thread on the want/fear system being too frequent.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (9,723 Views)

Wants/fears constant angry sims

★★★ Newbie

My sims are constantly falling out, kicking over trash, fighting each other declaring each other enemies because of the fear of unfulfilled dreams, they randomly turn angry even if I have done all the fears/wants.

Xbox1

Message 7 of 32 (9,703 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Constant negative moodlets from wants and fears/Constant fears

★ Guide

I'm not sure if this is the exact right thread for me. The toggle to turn off wants and fears isn't currently functioning, and I've gotten tired of constantly toggling it on and off while I play, so my Sims got their first fears tonight.

The first fear went great - the wife developed a fear of being cheated on which triggered when she found out her husband kissed someone else. I had her talk about her relationship fears to her husband over a couple of days and she successfully conquered her fear. It was fun. 

However, later that night, while just repairing a broken radio, the husband randomly got a fear of death. There have been no deaths in my game so I'm not sure why this fear was triggered. I'm also not seeing the option for him to talk about it with his wife in order to try to conquer the fear.....? So now he seems to just be stuck with the negative fear moodlet.

Message 8 of 32 (9,413 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yup (on PC).

I turned Wants/Fears off because the constant "fear of unfulfilled dreams" was driving me insane.

I even started just drinking the potion that removes a fear, because it was starting to annoy me so much. Within maybe an hour, sometimes even less, it was back again. 

I realised I started only fulfilling wants to buy more potions to get rid of the repetitive fears. Disappointed

Message 9 of 32 (9,161 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening for me too. It's annoying on its own, but especially so when I just fulfilled a need and mere sim hours later, they get the unfulfilled needs fear. It's excessive, as with many other things, and I doubt the devs will tone it down when they haven't (successfully) toned down any other excessively repetitive thing like checking cellphones, smelling the air (BTD kit), phone calls from acquaintances, etc. I play on console so I don't have access to any fixes, so the frustration just increases. I had to turn off lifestyles because that remains broken and unbalanced as well.

Message 10 of 32 (9,100 Views)