Sim is

Level 8 Cooking

Level 5 Gourmet

Most Expensive Oven ( not upgraded ) 

Has Fear of Fire

Anytime they cook large meals 100% of the time stove catches fire

Message 21 of 49 (1,939 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Constant kitchen fires with fear of fires trait

This is by design as far as I know. Essentially, the sim's fear of fire gives the *player* a fear of fire because the increased chance of fire means we have to keep them away from everything that might cause a fire. 

If curing the sim's fear fixes the issue, it's not a bug.

Message 22 of 49 (1,930 Views)

Re: Frequent Stove Fires

Champion
@danniegurl Since you use mods... check out Littlbowbub's Grannies Bakery Delivery Service
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 23 of 49 (1,875 Views)

Re: Frequent Stove Fires

★ Apprentice
@PipMenace Thanks I think I got that one or similar. Basically a bakery box on my counter I can order from. And I deleted my stoves but I’ll check that one out in case it’s different.
Message 24 of 49 (1,854 Views)

Too many fires since Fear Patch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, paranormal, tiny living, cottage living, pastel pop, desert luxe, city living, cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cooking
What happens when the bug occurs? A fire
What do you expect to see? Less fires please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Fears were installed

Constant fires one after the other with cooking. Even when the fear of fire trait has been removed. It is making the game unenjoyable as I can't bake cakes for birthday parties or cook anything in the oven or the stove. My sims live off salad and microwave meals now because this patch is frustrating. Please tone the trait down or remove

Message 25 of 49 (1,842 Views)

Sims 4, Stove Burning Constantly

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4, stove, keeps burning up every time I try to feed my sims. All of them are max out on the skill, only one has a fear of fire so I don't allow her to cook, and I'm constantly purchasing stove after stove. Please help, its annoying and I can't feed my sims food. Please and thank you.

Message 26 of 49 (1,788 Views)

Re: Sims 4, Stove Burning Constantly

Hero
@TracyCadogan I merged this with the main thread on constant fires if one Sim has the fear of fire. I don't think it makes a difference who cooks in the household.

The frequency is probably still a bug though so please click me too on the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 49 (1,760 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Constant kitchen fires with fear of fires trait

★★ Guide
@Carlieseuss I posted this reply in another thread, but I’ll repost it here as well.

My sim is a level 7, and she is also starting fires almost every time she cooks, both on a stove and on a bbq.

My sim’s traits are: Confident, Kind, and Foodlover. Fast reader and Fast cleaner from the reward store.

Fears: Scared of fires, Scared of unfulfilled dreams and Scared of being cheated on.
Message 28 of 49 (1,632 Views)

Too many fires

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Newest version.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By tasking sims to cook on either stove or bbq.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a fire every single time they make food
What do you expect to see? Sims with cooking level 10 should be able to cook without causing a fire Every time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time my sim with level 10 cooking skill cooks there is a fire. Has happened with all the sims in my house hold (6 adult sims) and on stove, bbq etc

Message 29 of 49 (1,639 Views)

Re: Too many fires

Hero
@elliefrearson Does any of them have the fear of fire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 49 (1,605 Views)