Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Constant Rejected Proposal

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? IDK
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game pack and all stuff APART from spooky and vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Propose to Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my couple with no conflicting traits (non-committed ect.) always in a good mood when the proposal is happening and both levels of friendship and romance are at 100% and BOTH parties have whims for the other party to be their spouse.
What do you expect to see? An accepted proposal when and where appropriate
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. somewhere between seasons and the latest patch

I just want to clarify:

• sims are BFF
  • full friendship and full romance bars
  • both sims have whims to be married to other sim
  • done twice on this couple and twice on another couple to test ––– ALL FAILED.
  • moods are happy, flirty 
  • needs are full
  • on date both times 
  • no conflicting traits

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 5 of 53 (10,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Constant Rejected Proposal

Hero

Fixed an issue where a Sim who had cheated with another Sim romantically, were then unable to successfully propose to that Sim and get married.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

From what Robo posted in this thread, I believe this is referring to this bug.

As there have been other information given, I'm going to mark this as Needs Input as potentially fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 53 of 53 (6,706 Views)

All Replies

Sims Always Refuse To Accept Proposals

★★ Novice

Not sure if anyone has found this happening but I've find it occurring more after the last few updates for Seasons. Both relationships are at max and I've only got 2 mods which aren't script.

I find it takes like 5 times before they actually accept the proposal but it's really frustrating.

Message 1 of 53 (10,705 Views)

Re: Sims Always Refuse To Accept Proposals

What traits does the other Sim have? Could it be they're non committal? 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 53 (10,689 Views)

★★ Novice

Neither times had non commital traits. The first time one sim had the loner trait but the next time I even had one a romantic sim.

Message 3 of 53 (10,687 Views)

Could you test the game without any Mods or CC?

If it still happens, feel free to make a new post in the bug forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 53 (10,675 Views)

Re: Constant Rejected Proposal

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 53 (10,495 Views)

★ Apprentice

Absolutely, I'm PM you now. I have just 'repaired' my game through origin, I'm checking now if it's made any changes.

Message 7 of 53 (10,484 Views)

★ Apprentice

I fixed it. I recovered a save, creating a new one, and it seems to be working normally. possibly a faulty save, you’re more than welcome to test it out though. thanks!

Message 8 of 53 (10,478 Views)

Hero

Hi @kathieeliza

I tested your save. First time I let them propose the way they were (miserable and tired) --> Rejection

I then reloaded the save without saving and cheated their needs up --> Proposal was accepted with no issues.

You're saying you removed your mods. What mods were you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 53 (10,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like I said, possibly a faulty save. I didn't have mods, only self made CC which I removed before this issue. 

Message 10 of 53 (10,429 Views)