Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

by RaiAkari

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

★ Guide
@aimalyn That's exactly how I play, my parents are stand-ins for me and my deceased wife and they just pop out twins over and over. I've been naming them in order of the alphabet and my goal is to have a pair of twins for each letter. XD
Message 41 of 47 (937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening for me as well. Was hoping the june patch would fix but nothing. The only workaround I have found is cheating sims into your household by shift click add to household. So to move sim A out of household A without losing collections I need to play Household B and shift click Sim A into the household. When i go back to Household A the collections will still be there. 

Message 42 of 47 (905 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have all expansions, including Eco Lifestyle and my game is patched to the most current patch, and i suddenly have resetting collections as well.

It happens on two different occasions.

The first time I noticed it happen is when I went into Manage Worlds and edited one of the existing households (not the one i was playing) I didn't add or delete a sim, I just did some different clothing and makeup, when I returned to my currently played household my collections were all gone, and this was particularly upsetting because I've been playing this sim for the Super Sim Challenge, and his collections were about halfway completed.

The second time, I had restored the collections I could from the items my sim still owned, and a while later sent him on vacation in Sulani, upon returning all his collection progress had reset yet again.

I do use mods, but I've removed them, started a new world, gathered some collection progress, then went and edited the clothing of another family, and the same thing happened, the collection had reset. The same was true for returning from vacation, the progress was reset again.

I saw that this has been a long standing problem with different causes, I haven't tested any other causes, but i hope this can be fixed, it's so discouraging to see the collections you worked hard for, vanish over and over again.

Message 43 of 47 (860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem, to the point that I'm building a museum under my family's house to store at least one of each item so when it resets again, I have the items. And once I collect all of them, I'll just give up on constantly re-collecting things. I do a lot of moving sims out if this one family, because it is a legacy sort of family, so each generation's heir stays with the so distantly related they only count as "descendent" matriarchs. The parents and siblings move out. So I find this to be a constant annoyance.

All content (except Star Wars), no custom/mods.

Message 44 of 47 (757 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 47 (647 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruNick I have a save with this problem, not with a split household but travelling and back or going to a new neighborhood. i hope it help.

Message 46 of 47 (551 Views)

Collections reset

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.100.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot of expansions, game packs and stuff packs. I think the error happens with university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your Sim join university and collect some things. After the semester move in the same building and the collections will be reseted.
What happens when the bug occurs? The collections are empty allthough they were filled before. Items in the inventory are still in the collection.
What do you expect to see? The collections are still filled after ending the semester or moving after graduation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't tested it with moving without university.

Message 47 of 47 (201 Views)