Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

by rdorka347

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

★★ Pro
@DizzyDee-K I'm on the same boat. Whole entire collection list are empty even though I have perfect garden of almost of all plants in my bark yard. Recently, I added a sim who was roommate to my household, then I moved him out, then he became a roommate again. Then whole collection got reset.
Message 31 of 47 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me again. I moved out the daughter through manage worlds and the all the collections reset. I checked on the daughter but her collections were reset as well. it did not carry over to the other household. Luckily I kept the badges for the completed ones, but this is very disappointing.

Message 32 of 47 (1,263 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just noticed this bug after not playing since last October (2019). I have a legacy family with immortal founders, so I move out the descendants as they age up. I noticed the sound playing when one of my kleptomaniac sims kept coming home with metals and elements (both collections I've completed), but it wasn't until I tried to collect city posters (collection incomplete) and see what I still needed that I discovered the reset. I haven't installed any new packs in ages (I think the last one I got was Jungle Adventure) nor have I installed or changed my mods. It's annoying because not all my collections are complete yet and I want to know which ones I still need. 

Message 33 of 47 (1,203 Views)

★ Guide

I have to say 'me too' because this bug is more than irritating when you're trying to complete collections and playing with generations at the same time, sooner or later someone will move out or join the family so there's no way to avoid it. Even if I do keep a copy of each collectible I still need to move it into someone's inventory and that's just a royal waste of time. Please let this be fixed, better sooner than later. Disappointed

Message 34 of 47 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

I literally stopped playing because of this in January because playing without being able to move people in or out isn't fun at all for me. Was just here to see if it is fiexed but apperantly it isn't. This is really annoying... Are they even on this? There were a few Updates since this came up.

Message 35 of 47 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide

Hey guys, I tried something and it worked. For me it's not a permanent solution, but for now I can make due.

So, I don't know if I enabled this with a cheat or if it's in the normal game. I don't have mods.

So when I press Shift and klick on a Sim there are some options like Reset and one of these Options is "Add To Household" (or similar, I play in german)

SO I went to another household, invited my Sim that I wanted moved out and added him to the household with this option. And when I got back to my household the collections were still there! Yay Standard smile

Message 36 of 47 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'M.SO.MAD.

I finished all 30 collections with my supersim and then stated playing 100 baby challenge with her, moved the two first kids out and all the collections were reset!
I just can't even express how mad am I.

Message 37 of 47 (1,015 Views)

★★ Novice
@epaor That's how I found this thread. I've been working on a supersim challenge for a while now. Finished collections. Started working on romance and kid aspirations since they're my least favorite. Moved my adult kids out and collections are all gone. Super upsetting since it took so long to finish them all.
Message 38 of 47 (942 Views)

Weird things going on with my Household Collections

★ Guide

So a few days ago I noticed a very strange thing... Many (though not all) of my Household Collections segments have been reset.

I play a single pair of parents and they just have babies and max out careers, I don't switch from generation to generation, I just move kids out to live with siblings once they've aged up. I'm also on a PS4 and use no cheat codes.

That said, some of my HC are now bizarrely empty. Take my Magic Beans; they're counted at 0/6 but I've already collected them long ago and have the magic tree in my backyard and Forbidden Fruit of the Plant Sim tree to prove it.

I fished at Selvadorada and kept getting the 'new fish caught' notice and yep, my fish were reset. I now have no credit for catching all the fish I've populated my 6 fish tanks with.

I have the collection plaque for the Omiscan collection but those are at 9/16 and 6/13 now. And there are plenty more examples.

What gives? Frown

~Tyger <3

Message 39 of 47 (930 Views)

Re: Weird things going on with my Household Collections

Hero
@TygerNight Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 47 (883 Views)