Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

by rdorka347

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

★★ Guide
@crinrict I just looked at a household I haven't played on for awhile. And their collections were reset. For me the fish collection gets reset the most.
Message 21 of 47 (1,293 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing a legacy type challenge. My founder  completed the frogs  collection. I got  the badge, sold the frogs.  His heir started the plant collection. Moved in an other sim via marriage. All was fine. After her death collection was fine. I moved  out the previously moved in sim (who was  her husband) via manage worlds. All of the collections disappeared even  the completed frogs one. Is there a way to get it back? A cheat or  something? It was a pain to collect all  the frogs.

Message 22 of 47 (1,252 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I hope they fix this soon, it is really annoying. My sim has completed two collections and has found quite some items in almost all other collections, so I definitely dont want to start over again. She moved to an apartment so now I want to move her pets to her parents' house with garden - but I can't without losing her collection progress.
Message 23 of 47 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm in the middle of colleting every collection there is. The only way to be safe is to store the items on shelves or in a store box (for example from Discover University). I need this to be fixed though.

Message 24 of 47 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wanted to add that I have the same problem. I have a family in 21st generation and completed almost every collection during this time. (Not all new ones, but I'm on that)

Now I wanted to move Sims out via Merge Household and this happened. It's really annoying and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Edit: I could still use an old save and all is back. But downloaded univeristy today and after reading this I'm scared to move someone to college.

Message 25 of 47 (1,145 Views)

Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

★★★★ Apprentice

All household collections reset for me everytime I send a sim off to University or move a sim out.

BUT I also lose all the books I've written, lyrics and songs I've licensed, videos uploaded. My Sims have lost dozens songs, books, videos and of course not earning income from them. So everytime a Sim leaves the household ALL collections reset (books, songs, videos, household). 

Message 26 of 47 (1,110 Views)

Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

Hero
@jezzabella2313 Second part sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Lost-Paintings-Upgrades-Broken-Harvestable-afte...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 47 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. Legacy family, Dad is the collector as soon as I moved the adult daughter out via manage households my legacy family's collection is reset even though all items are on the home lot.

Message 28 of 47 (1,044 Views)

★ Guide

So this is a thing, huh?  I've moved my current family several times now, and each time the collections reset.  First time I just figured I had a mod causing a conflict; I dragged one of each item into my inventory, done.  Second time I was a bit surprised that it happened again, and this last time - when I moved one member out into another household - I was extra surprised to see it reset, since my main family was still in the same home.

Now that I think of it, I think when I moved that guy in, they might have also reset.  And now that I think about it again, it might also have reset both times that they went on vacation.  I DO have a lot of each of the plaques now.

Fortunately, my Sims are hoarders; everything is in storage boxes (or the refrigerator, as appropriate), so drag and drop for each item, done.  But when you have fifteen or twenty collections that have been completed, this is a lot of dragging and dropping.

Guess I'm going to be getting yet more copies of the reward plaques for each collection, though.  Cool, now I've got whole columns of each plaque on the walls of their activities room.  Standard smile

This bug hasn't been around very long, because I was playing a little over a year ago and moved some Sims around, and this didn't happen then.  So it has to have been introduced sometime within the last year or so.  Does it look like anyone from EA is looking into it yet?

Message 29 of 47 (1,003 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem when i split my household all the collections are resetting, so are the assigned beds. it only happened since i got DU though

Message 30 of 47 (953 Views)