Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

by kps4sims

Original Post

★ Apprentice

The only thing is I didn’t make any changes to my household.  All I did was send my sim to university and have her live in a dorm.  She didn’t have any career unlocks at the time so it only affected collections because that is all there was.

Message 11 of 47 (1,273 Views)

Hero
@kps4sims That's still considered moving to another lot.

Did you move into one of the dorms that have premades in or the other ? Or did you evict the premades first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

I moved into an empty dorm.  There weren’t any sims living there until she moved in.

Message 13 of 47 (1,249 Views)

Hero
@kps4sims I moved your post over to the collections resetting (the current thread).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 47 (1,185 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Collections keep resetting after IL

★★★ Apprentice

For me it started after I purchased and downloaded Island Living few days ago. It really is annoying, having to keep all the collectibles on the lot and after moving a child out of the household then moving all collectibles to one of the parents inventory to complete the collections again, then one by one moving them into box/shelves/fridge to store again. Really makes playing the Legacy Challenge unbearable.

Message 15 of 47 (1,158 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

★★ Guide

I can not say when the bug started but just noticed it now after the 1.59 update. All my households have lost their collections.

Message 16 of 47 (1,120 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Collections reset after moving/splitting of household (Patch 1.53.115

Hero
@SisterGloomy After moving or also after traveling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 47 (1,112 Views)

Collectibles Resetting

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When moving sims into or out of a household, Collectibles in household reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? the main household's collectibles reset all to 0 found.
What do you expect to see? collectibles in households remain at whatever current amount found in each collection
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Currently doing a main household for a sims challenge and the Matriarch has all gardening collectibles, most of the frogs, crystals, metals, etc. When i move another adult or baby out of the household into another household i return to live mode to find the collectibles reset to 0. I have to reharvest gardening items and place other things into a sims inventory to check them back off again. It's becoming almost impossible to keep track of what I currently have or had and what I need to find. Also every time i recollect the gardening items the game sends me another plaque. lol. 

Message 18 of 47 (1,109 Views)

Re: Collectibles Resetting

Hero
@uwuBambii Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 47 (1,088 Views)

Re: Collectibles Resetting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me constantly. This most recent time, I didn't even change the family whose collections recent. I had moved townies around, saved and exited the game. I came back today to my house everything has reset for the fourth or fifth time. Everything. Complete, incomplete. No active curator aspiration. All content installed (except ghoulish guitar), no custom. I do cheat moods a lot, but nothing else. This is definitely putting a bit of a thorn in my side.

I have immortal parents, so they have the continuing generations of the family living with them, which means a lot of moving out. So this is getting tedious. Especially since I'm trying to build a museum in their basement. It is difficult to track what's done and not, if they keep resetting.

Message 20 of 47 (1,069 Views)