Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Coffee/Tea Brewer Action Gets Stuck In Queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempting to brew coffee or tea while eating any food item will cause the "Wait for coffee/tea to brew" action item to be stuck in the action queue until the player changes or loads a different lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Action does not remove on it's own once complete (which it does successfully complete) from the action queue. Cannot manually cancel/remove the brewing action from the action queue either. This takes an action queue spot.
What do you expect to see? The action should be removed from the action queue once complete or when canceled while eating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See attached screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 18 (7,437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Coffee/Tea Brewer Action Gets Stuck In Queue

Hero

You want to know how to not make my day, have my coffee brew endlessly but without
giving me the coffee! Luckily the issue in game about the Brew Coffee interaction being
stuck has been fixed. Wasn’t it odd? Wait… Sleep and Brew Coffee were stuck in a
mysterious loop? SUS.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (3,559 Views)

All Replies

[NEEDS INPUT] Wait for coffee task never goes away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current for xbox
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Coffee maker keeps saying wait for coffee can't cancel can still do other things
What do you expect to see? Wait for coffee task never goes away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not game breaking just really annoying

Message 1 of 18 (6,062 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Coffee/Tea Brewer Action Gets Stuck In Queue

Hero
Using this as new thread cause the old has become a bit of a collection thread.

More info can also be found in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Coffee-Tea-Brewer-Action-Gets-Stuck-In-Queue/td-p/646...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (7,311 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Coffee/Tea Brewer Action Gets Stuck In Queue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happened several times - only with tea brewer.

I used ''reset object'' from the cheat mailbox menu and I could hear the sound of the tea brewer (you know, when tea it's ready the brewer it's beeping).

Still, the action was there, had to travel to get it removed.

Message 4 of 18 (7,232 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Happens with my tea or coffee brewers, most of the time. Trying to cancel it doesn't work. It usually drops if I save the game, exit, and then reload. 

Message 5 of 18 (7,181 Views)

Coffee Brewing Que Glitch

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Seasons, Discover University, Get Together expansions. Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat game packs. Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, and Holiday Celebration stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Brew a pot of coffee (frequently, since it doesn't happen every time), and then que up other things to do, or wait for them to que up other actions.
What happens when the bug occurs? The brew coffee action continues to stay in the que and sometime prevents them from performing the next action, or takes longer to get to the next action. It stays "loading" after the coffee is brewed, after they come home from work, and until I shut down the game.
What do you expect to see? The brew coffee action to be gone after it is brewed, and not to interfere with the rest of their day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ever since the previous patch, I noticed the coffee thing happening. I knew the new one would be released soon and wanted to wait to see if maybe it got fixed with the new patch before I reported it. The coffee maker I used until recently (I'm trying a new one to see if it still happens with a different one) is the coffee maker that matches the "Schmapple" appliance brands. Usually, while waiting for the coffee to brew, they'll stand there blankly (I totally get it, me too fam), but then it will continue to try and brew the coffee, and it will make them late for work, or not move onto the next action until an insane amount of time later - in game, almost half an hour some times. They're not drinking the coffee during this time, just standing there.

Message 6 of 18 (6,730 Views)

Re: Coffee Brewing Que Glitch

Hero
@ttv_zgstark merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (6,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have two coffee brewing icons stuck in the list now. Someone said press 'M' twice I am on the XBox One, and I don't have 'M' button. 

Message 8 of 18 (6,013 Views)

Hero
@PinchoPaxton Looks like we have an older thread for XB1 on this so I moved your post over to the console thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (5,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You could have put a link. I can't find it anywhere.

Message 10 of 18 (5,937 Views)