Re: [OPEN] [CoL] [W] Harvestables float in the air (Off-Lot Planters)

by SimTresa

Original Post

Re: Plant Bug & Werewolf Transformation Bug

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I have experienced the floating plant fruits/veggies as well. It bothers me because you can't harvest them. So I'm stuck looking at floating food. As with the werewolf, I had it happen once. I think I either entered CAS or went to another lot to fix it. I once had a cursed image where my werewolf (in human form) had fur like their beast form, but it was also of their skin color. It was for their portrait and only showed a few seconds. Hasn't happened again and I would be glad to never see that cursed image again.

Message 21 of 36 (847 Views)

★★ Novice

I AM DYING FROM THIS PROBLEM, i have a 3 month old baby irl, game time is therefor much less than before. but while in game trying to play my 5 sim/werewolf household i cant see the notifications since its spammed with messages about mushrooms that cant be grown. because npc try to plats stuff on the off-lot planters, and me stupid me thought the floating harvestables would disapear if i uprooted the plants. this is sooo enoying. please fix this problem! 

Message 22 of 36 (815 Views)

★ Guide

I've done that too. Though, i did destroy at least one round planter that kept throwing errors. Apparently for some reason, either plants that didn't fit in it woudl grow there or they would just fail to germinate. Repeatedly. Daily. 

Message 23 of 36 (773 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Out of curiosity, are all of you having a problem in the winter time? I'm playing Granite Falls and the temperature is below freezing (Saturday before winter) and none of the plants are out. Maybe they were left hanging?

Message 24 of 36 (732 Views)

Harvestables getting stuck in worlds planters and planting pop-ups

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing in any worlds with integrated planters (communal planters). I have been playing in Moonwood Mill recently and Hendford-on-Bagley and both place does it.
What happens when the bug occurs? First of all, random NPC will plants fruits/veg/herbs, they grow and sometime when the season is passed, the plant disappear to dirt pile, and the harvestables are stuck in the air, there is an option to eat them, but your sim cant do it, also I believe there was no option to collect harvestables in the first place. When you try to clear the dirt pile off, by selecting unroot plant, it will work, but then another NPC try to plant something else, and there start the festivals of pop-ups indicating you that a spicy mushroom could not be planted over and over and over, until you get tired and right click on the npc to reset him, so he can vacate to something else. I noticed the notification problem only in Hendford on Bagley though, because thats the only place where I unrooted plants. It seems to be the creatures keeper who does that all the time.
What do you expect to see? Normal functioning planters, where we can harvest plants, unroot them, evolve them and mostly, not seeing a pile of dirt with floating harvestables not harvestabled. And finally not having a sim planting in loop when its not working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play from a very far remote place in the world, so I had a update in August but then nothing since then.

Message 25 of 36 (733 Views)

Re: Harvestables getting stuck in worlds planters and planting pop-ups

Champion

I noticed this when Cottage Living first released, though have mostly avoided it in Moonwood Mill simply because I now know better than to uproot plants in public planters - I'm just stuck with whatever the NPCs first put there.

It's like the plants don't get fully removed and so block NPCs from planting - but still indicate to NPCs that there's an open spot so they just keep trying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 26 of 36 (722 Views)

Re: Floating plants in public lots.

★★ Novice

This issue is not resolved yet.I tried the same workaround as this questioner, but it didn't work.

The behavior that caused this issue for me was when I removed all the plants in this planter and tried to plant cow plants.In the winter season when I planted the cow plants, the season changed to spring before the cow plants grew.
The season is spring and I have removed the non-growing cow plants.

Then NPCs will try to plant the flower/veg/fruit and get stuck in a loop. I get a notification for every failed attempt.

I'm not using Mod.I don't have Realm of Magic, so I can't burn it with Inferniate.

As another matter,The problem that a large number of books occurring in the same place are left unattended. The problem can also be solved with behavior stealing.
(I use google translate.)

Message 27 of 36 (630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, no matter what I do I can't fix it. I also repeatedly get notifications from npcs trying to plant stuff in the planter and it fails to germinate. Ea please fix this it's driving me crazy. I have such a large lineage on this save and don't want to start a new one

Message 28 of 36 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same problem, and it happens and has happened across many different saves, in many different worlds, whether I use mods or never use mods, eventually this bug seems to happen one way or another. It's especially frustrating as it seems to block the plant from growing new, harvestable fruit, OR from allowing a new plant to germinate in that spot if you dispose of the old plant. 

Message 29 of 36 (520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just encountered this issue today in Moonwood Mill, in the public planters. I'm on PC, I don't use any mods, and own all expansions/packs/etc.

Unfortunately, none of the cheat mods mentioned in this thread seem to fix this issue. When I try to delete the floating harvestables, nothing happens.

Message 30 of 36 (504 Views)