Re: [OPEN] [CoL] [W] Harvestables float in the air (Off-Lot Planters)

by mallibuu95

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] [W] Harvestables float in the air (Off-Lot)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: The Sims™ 4 City Living, The Sims™ 4 Cottage Living, The Sims™ 4 Discover University, The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle, The Sims™ 4 Get Famous, The Sims™ 4 Get to Work, The Sims™ 4 Get Together, The Sims™ 4 Island Living, The Sims™ 4 Seasons, The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape, The Sims™ 4 Cats and Dogs Game Packs: The Sims™ 4 Dine Out, The Sims™ 4 Dream Home Decorator, The Sims™ 4 Jungle Adventure,The Sims™ 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims™ 4 Parenthood, The Sims™ 4 Realm of Magic, The Sims™ 4 Spa Day, The Sims™ 4 StrangerVille, The Sims™ 4 Vampires Stuff Packs: The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Bowling Night Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Fitness Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Kids Room Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Laundry Day Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Luxury Party Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Moschino Stuff Pack, The Sims™ 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, The Sims™ 4 My First Pet Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, The Sims™ 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Spooky Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living, The Sims™ 4 Toddler Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Kits: The Sims™ 4 Country Kitchen Kit, The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happened on a public lot that I can not alter. It seems that in the planters there were some plants that died. When the plants were removed, the bush disappeared, but the flowers and grapes remained in place, hovering in the air. Now, every time an anyone tries to plant a new plant, it fails.
What do you expect to see? You can place a plant on the planter itself, but you cannot actually plant it. Then, you can't move the plant off of the planter, so it is stuck. Then NPCs will try to plant the flower/veg/fruit and get stuck in a loop. I get a notification for every failed attempt.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happened on a public lot that I can not alter. It seems that in the planters there were some plants that died. When the plants were removed, the bush disappeared, but the flowers and grapes remained in place, hovering in the air. Now, every time an anyone tries to plant a new plant, it fails.

You can place a plant on the planter itself, but you cannot actually plant it. Then, you can't move the plant off of the planter, so it is stuck. Then NPCs will try to plant the flower/veg/fruit and get stuck in a loop. I get a notification for every failed attempt.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 36 (7,222 Views)

Re: Floating plants in public lots.

Hero
@EpicRedShirt Did you test this without mods installed ? (removing the mods probably won't fix what you already have but the question is, does the same happen if you play on a vanilla save)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (7,174 Views)

Re: Floating plants in public lots.

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I forgot to mention that in the post. I did uninstall my mods. I also tried eating the fruit, but I can't reach it. Then I tried debugging them. I tried debugging the flowers and the planter itself. I tried deleting the cache folder file too.

Message 3 of 36 (7,146 Views)

npc keep planting when plants floating in the air

★★ Novice

I'm playing Watson family in Hanford, and there's a public area garden with some flower pots, somehow the plants in these pot floating in the air ( which I can't delete it because they are in the Watson's public area and you can't edit it ), then there always got other NPC keeping planting seeds in these pot (while plants floating on them ! ). So the game just keep noticing me " flowers can't grow etc..." 

it comes endless notification and I try all the ways to fix it, even let my sims use fire magic to burn the pot, but the floating plants are unfetchable and the bug are always there. I don't want to start a new game because I play the family very long time, but these notification are very annoying.....and this the only 64x64 map in Hanford.

By the way I don't use any mod because I play it on the PS station.

I hope EA can developed the World editor So I can just delete these pots...

I attached 2 pics, picture 1 is the location that bugs happened, I can only get there when it on life mode.

the pic 2 is an npc trying to plant a seed under the floating flowers.

Message 4 of 36 (6,942 Views)

Re: npc keep planting when plants floating in the air

Champion

I think this might be the same as an issue I'm having in Henford on Bagley. I've got random harvestables in mid air in The Bramblewood. My Sim grows crops at Cordelia's Secret Cottage and random fruits float in the air just outside his boundary.

He can't pick them up but he can eat them. Currently it's floating chocoberries hovering next to his garden wall.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 5 of 36 (6,849 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Invisible Plants

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Experiencing this today with the planters in the world of Moonwood Mill

unknown.png

unknown (1).png

In addition, often times the plants are showing as dirt piles and unable to be interacted with, even though the plant should be in season

Edit to add: apparently the floating fruits are interactable, but the sim route-fails

Untitled.png

Message 6 of 36 (6,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Invisible Plants

★★★ Guide

Sorry to double post but this is a similar issue

mushroom.png2mushroom.png

You can see there's like a "ghost" mushroom which can't be seen but can be interacted with

The sim route fails however when you try to interact

Same happens with many other types of plants

Message 7 of 36 (6,658 Views)

Werewolf hangout area bug

★★ Novice

Hi, I encountered a bug in the sims 4 werewolves pack. My sim is a part of the Moonwood mill collective, and there are a few planter boxes in the main hangout area. One of these boxes is bugged, because in all four spaces their are floating harvestables (tomatoes, carrots, etc) that cannot be removed, even with debug cheats like resetobject. The issue is pack members will constantly try to plant stuff underneath the floating produce, and I'll be spammed with notifications telling me whatever they tried to plant failed to germinate. The sim trying to plant won't stop gardening either until I reset them or get another sim to talk to them. I can't delete the boxes because the Moonwood hangout area is not an editable lot, so I can't go into build mode. Can anyone help with this?

Message 8 of 36 (6,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same bug, and ultimately I only found one solution. Enable cheats (CTRL+Shift+C) (testingcheats on) then shift + left click the plant and destroy object. I had to do this for the plant itself and the floating fruits/flowers, and then have my sims plant something new. Be careful not to destroy the planter box itself!

I know this might not work for people playing on console, but I hope this helps someone Standard smile 

Message 9 of 36 (6,513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello mallibuu95,

are you using a mod to enable the "destroy object" option? I am playing without mods and can only reset the object but not destroy it when I right click on the plant with testingcheats turned on. The resetting doesn't solve the problem.

Message 10 of 36 (6,422 Views)