Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Verdant Mushroom Soup group meal disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, City Living, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Paranormal, Laundry Day, Toddler, Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook a group meal of verdant soup from the new Cottage Living expansion. Then try to find it to click on it to serve your Sims or feed them.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sim cooks the meal, the object itself disappears from player view. The Sims themselves can access it; they can autonomously retrieve bowls from the object sitting on the counter, but the player can't see the object to click on it to put it away or have a sim get a serving. This is not corrected by placing the affected surface (where you can see the Sim autonomously grabbing a bowl from thin air) in the inventory, it just disappears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have an interactable object like any other food when my Sim cooks it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see the above.  Crincit was able to verify this as a bug.  I have repaired my game and it has survived multiple patches.  Oh, and Verdant Mushroom Soup frequently shows up as a red "X" in the cooking list as well, although I have seen it show as the other soups sometimes.  This does not affect the outcome of the interactable food object not being interactable.  

(Also, as a personal note, I feel the erratic trait is highly insensitive to people with mental illnesses and schizophrenia.  Please remove it in future patches and maybe offer something different and a bit more sensitive.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged thread from tech.

Message 9 of 13 (1,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Verdant mushroom soup disappears

Hero

Verdant Mushroom Soup now shows up properly when choosing it from the list of recipes to cook with other Sims and grabbing servings.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (920 Views)

All Replies

Verdant mushroom soup disappears

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I cook Verdant mushroom soup, it disappears entirely from my lot.  They get one bowl of it and other sims can autonomously grab from an invisible, unclickable bowl, but I can't click it or see it to have them put it away or have them grab a serving.  For the longest time, I didn't even get an image of it in the cook menu, just a red X, but I got an image today.  I tried cooking it, and the same thing happened.  I am dismayed as this is the most useful of all of them!!!  What am I doing wrong, or how do I cheat/glitch my soup back into existence?

Message 1 of 13 (1,807 Views)

Hero
@MsMisc Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, does it work without ?

If not, did you try repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,773 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict As far as I know, I do not have any cc or mods, and I have repaired the game. I've also tried moving the affected counter (That contains the invisible soup) in build mode into the house inventory. Le sigh... But thank you so much for your help!
Message 3 of 13 (1,769 Views)

Hero
@MsMisc Do you have still issues with new soups after the repair or is it just that one stuck one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue actually... kind of annoyed I took the time to grow these mushrooms for this to happen. Not just you!

I'm having the same issue as the original poster.. and its every single Veredant soup sadly

Message 5 of 13 (1,719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's every group meal verdant soup.
Message 6 of 13 (1,705 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MsMisc I did a short test and can duplicate the issue.

Could you create a bug report in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs ?

I'll merge this thread afterwards but I the bug forum has a form that needs filling out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I sure will! Thank you!
Message 8 of 13 (1,662 Views)

Re: [CoL] Verdant Mushroom Soup group meal disappears

★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue.  Verdant mushroom soup other than single servings are "invisible".   I tested with no mods at all in my game after a game repair and deleting caches and the problem persists.

Message 10 of 13 (1,414 Views)